on 21 April 2017
I'm a long time on-off low carber, trying to branch out into a few more vegetarian meals, for health, ethical, environmental and cost reasons. It's hard to find new recipes when you've been at it a while, but this book has plenty of delicious surprises. The writing is also lovely with comments for each recipe and most of the recipes have very alluring pictures.
on 2 November 2014
This is a fab cookbook. So far I have made four recipes up and they have been loved by my family. Recipes are easy to follow and inspiring. I haven't been able to source soy flour yet and would like some suitable alternatives to be listed but I'm sure I will find something. Would strongly recommend this book.
on 10 September 2017
Having read good reviews about this book I was really looking forward to trying the recipes, but they are not very wholesome, or inspiring.
Well presented though.
on 9 March 2015
I found this book very helpful. As a vegetarian I find it can be difficult to follow a low carb diet but this book proved otherwise. I've tried a number of the recipes to date and have enjoyed them all.
on 3 March 2017
very good
on 16 January 2014
I really like Celia Brooks's writing. I follow her food and healthy eating advice in various newspaper columns and magazines and it's always refreshing to read. I've been following Celia's 5:2 Vegetarian blog for her new book since last year and so was excited to hear that she was bringing out another book Low-Carb & Gluten-Free in January too. i follow a mainly gluten-free diet and so it was really good to get ideas for vegetarian recipes that are not only exciting and different but healthy as well!! Her dessert section uses recipes with sweetener instead of sugar! I've already bought the ingredients for her Lemon Custard Macaroon Tarts and can't wait to try it out on the family.
on 5 May 2017
Book, 'Low carb n Gluten Free veg' is good. Happy with it. Trouble is, I bought 2books together, there should've been 5:2 veg in the parce tool. One book only received no 'pack1 of 2' on parcel'
on 19 July 2014
As a newly wheat-free (egg & cheese eating) vegetarian who's fighting the flab, I've been finding it confusing trying to manage a low carb diet, so was thrilled by this book.
A pleasing size (21x21cm) with quality shiny paper & plenty of mouthwatering full colour pictures, although not for EVERY recipe. A good cook book engages ALL the senses, so has to feel nice & have tempting pictures, or they'll just get left on a shelf .... & for me, eyes are the first triggers of appetite!
Full of simple, easy to prepare, delicious recipes that I'm systematically working through. They've been very well received by the family (relieved to see the back of cardboard-y low fat fare), although I have to serve with extra buttery potatoes for my skinny 'not bothered about carbs' husband & son). PS. Weight is just slipping away & since giving up wheat, I feel 10 years younger too.
on 19 March 2015
Disappointed with the recipes in this book. Was looking forward to a new approach to a healthier diet but after a first quick read I have put it away.
on 18 December 2015
I can't think of any recipe that we have tried so far that has disappointed. The instructions are easy to follow and the results are delicious. We especially like the breakfasts - Kerala style eggs, Turkish eggs, and the Three minute egg and mushroom bowl are all perfect for lazy weekend mornings. My copy is looking scruffy and spotty: the best compliment that can be paid to a cookery book must be the clear evidence of much use!