Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 April 2016
I found this book to very informative and well thought out. It's very easy to follow and has great demonstrative photograph's. The recipes are played out in such a fashion that makes it more easier to follow thasn most books that I have seen. It's very clear and really good read for all levels of experience.
on 22 August 2014
I thought this was going to be my bible for patisserie. However, I have found a number of misleading or omitted references which have directly impacted on the end result. Having written to the author twice asking for clarification and having been ignored on both counts, I would not recommend this book, despite its initial impressions. I shall stick with Will Torrent's books as at least I got a response from him when I raised a query.
on 26 January 2014
Fantastic book easy to follow even if you are a new beginner, great recipes looking forward to doing them all.
on 31 July 2015
What a fantastic find on Amazon. Patisserie has a wealth of information and recipes to keep bakers busy and family members more than happy. The recipes are clear and there are handy step-by-step guides for those new to baking French pastries. A delightful book, beautifully illustrated, and a must have for any baker's shelf.
on 24 February 2014
This book is excellent -simple step by step instructions (with pictures) for perfect pastry every time and no more soggy bottoms! I'd buy this for the pastry making instructions alone - the fact that this is backed up by beautiful re ipes is a bonus.
on 15 January 2014
Lots of really good recipes. One of the best baking books I have (I have a LOT). They all take quite a long time to make as they have a lot of steps but it's well worth it. 5/5
on 5 December 2013
I did a local patisserie course and decided to enlarge on what we had done. This book is great for this. I learnt the Italian macaroons, and what a joyto learn a different method. I am now in the process of trying various pastries. Whooppee!
on 28 November 2014
Love this book. I use it all the time. Straightforward and easy to follow and has great classic recipes. Good photos also of how things should look. I bought it on my kindle but would also like it in hardback so will probably buy that too.
on 30 March 2015
Nice book with lots of recipes. As it`s been mentioned in some other reviews, in some recipes the author gives incorrect proportions, for example when preparing choux pastry dough I definitely needed more flour. The Paris-Brest recipe does not have proportions for the praline paste. However, I still can recommend this book because it has a step-by-step guide and lots of illustrations. My family loves desserts from this book!
on 18 January 2014
brought it as present for my self, very fast service, great quality. I would shop again would recommend to anyone A+++++++++++++++++++