Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Craftydermy
Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 November 2013
At time of writing there are 6 pictures for this product on the Amazon website (and I have been trying to get Amazon to resolve this issue but their Customer Service leaves a LOT to be desired).
1) The front cover - this is correct
2) Fox and hare figurines - these are not in the book
3) A fox scarf - this is correct
4) Antlers - this is correct
5) A silver moose head - this is not in the book
6) A raccoon head - this is not in the book
Now don't get me wrong, there are some nice things in this book, but I really bought it because of 2 of the pictures shown on Amazon but which are not actually in it.
So, in short, if you saw those figurines/moose head/raccoon head and thought 'I so want to make those!' but were not overly fussed about the scarf or antlers then don't buy this book, you'll be disappointed.
on 5 March 2014
I wasn't sure about this book when I saw the cover, would I like this book? YES! It's not, as I'd thought, full of stuffed animal heads! OK, so there are one or two stuffed animal heads, but they are so cute!

The rest of the book is packed with projects using all kinds of different techniques. There's a knitted fox scarf which, if I had the patience, I would love to make.

Next on my project list is a set of appliqued flying ducks - think Vera Duckworth on Coronation street, and one of the cute bear head needlefelted brooches.

There is a real variety of projects in this book. There are also tiger rugs, bearfeet slippers, a wolf headdress, birdcage lampshades and plenty more. The first thing that caught my eye was the wire bird.

So what did I think of the book? There were several projects in it I'd like to make (when I get a chance of course!), it's definitely not all stuffed heads! I think it'd be great for any skill-level of crafter, and pretty much any discipline. There are a couple of projects which require a skill - knitting or crochet - but the rest of the projects could be tackled by anyone.
on 26 October 2013
I am so happy with this book as it has so many nice craft projects to do and the instructions are straight forward. I am a big fan of faux taxidermy and all things whimsical so I find this book ideal! I would recommend this book to anyone crafty who wants to make something different.
on 31 July 2013
Fun eccentric little book with some good animal-inspired crafting ideas. I particularly like the patchwork reindeer head. Very happy with my purchase.
on 16 September 2013
I was hoping for projects with a higher attempt at realism than those I found in this book. Having said that though I found it fun and accessible to all levels of crafters. Instructions could be a bit more indepth. I noticed the animal head plaque just mentions to hot melt glue it to the back board and I can't imagine this lasting and not falling off without a more sturdy solution. Some nice ideas though.
on 16 December 2013
no preview of book available, so I was buying it blind.
It was a small book and came sealed in a wrapper.
Some good ideas in there - but you'd have to buy your own copy :P
on 14 January 2014
Buying books for other people is always risky, but this one hit the spot! Full of fun and interesting ideas it should keep our grown up daughter busy all year.
on 6 October 2014
Quick delivery but not very impressed with the book. As taxidermist and a craft person it did not inspire me at all
on 16 September 2014