Customer reviews

on 31 January 2013
I bought this book unseen, after seeing a photograph advertising the book in a Sunday paper. The photograph was of some cute birds sitting on a twig. The instructions turned out to be to buy some fake birds from a craft shop, paint them and stick to a painted twig. There are also projects to paint and slice a stick to make letters to fix to the fridge, or to paint a cardboard box and fix it over a door knob to make a mail box. My children made better objects at play group. I cannot believe this book was even commissioned.
on 17 October 2012
So sweet. My wife is a fan of Abbey Hendrickson's blog, and I bought her this book for her birthday. She loved it. The crafts are gorgeous, and my 5 year old was pretty excited too - I think she's getting a door banner for christmas. Nice packaging - great gift book.
on 30 January 2013
This was a waste of time for me. I bought it on a Sunday Telegraph recommendation- I will avoid their recommendations in future. Pretty pictures, pretty book all round, but too basic. A sort of titivation of found objects...
on 17 January 2013
Wasn't as great as expected. Haven't made anything from the book as yet. Nice pictures and ideas, but don't think I'll be using it.
on 6 March 2013
I got the book earlier this year and have to admit--fell in love with the publication. The kids adore it and I'm a happy man. The objects are lovely and instructions accesible for a non-craft person such as myself. Colourful Valentine Medals went down very well last month and still feature on our mantelpiece. Well done Abbey Hendrickson and Cicada Books for putting this gorgeous book out in the world. Strongly recommended.