Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 3 June 2017
Great read.
on 23 January 2017
Great insight into a footballers life enjoyed the details for his gambling habits entirely. It's a very honest book that
on 9 March 2014
Read this a while ago so I can't remember loads about it but I can remember enjoying it a lot so I'm giving it 5 stars
on 30 August 2017
If anything else Keith is honest!
on 6 May 2014
Good book, a seemingly honest account of his career and the problems he faced along the way. Nice to see a Pro Footballer taking responsibility for what he's done.
on 26 July 2014
If I was he I would be ashamed to let people know what a self centred overpaid idiot I am. Thank goodness Fergie got rid.
on 19 July 2017
Very honest
on 4 March 2016
Good book worth the read
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 October 2013
This book comes as a welcome antidote to the recent splurge of "celebrity" managers' accounts. It's not a hagiography, equally it's not one of those books that describes the roister doistering high jinks of a third division hard man. It is a tale of a young man who had it all, lost it, regrets it and is trying to get his life back on track. He's actually one of us, and perhaps the problems he faced at the height of his fame was this very fact. How many of us could cope with the riches and adulation that are thrust upon a young man away from home? This book goes some way to showing how it might go as Gillespie comes across as a very decent, if some times misled, young man. I'd happily buy him a pint becuase as he says himself early on, he can't afford a round himself.
One last point, whilst this is a 5 star story I'm afraid for me the "voice" of the ghost writer is all too apparent and some passages just don't flow as I'd like. Phrases such as "...raiding the left flank" reek too much of a Red Top's back pages but I appreciate this is a matter of personal taste so don't let this foible of mine put you off buying and enjoying this book.
on 25 August 2017
Always intriguing to find out how players that have made millions in the game end up with nothing and this was I assume a very honest account of Keith Gillespie.
Gambling, bad business deals, wrong choice in woman etc - great nights out with NI squad, winning a cup final....all the highs and lows.