Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 November 2011
I am one of the contributors to this book (BlackDog661) which I must declare from the start. Every book sold will result in a £2 donation to Combat Stress, a charity that helps those carrying the mental scars of military service (of all types of service not just combat operations). The demands of treatment that are (and will be) placed on the charity will only increase over the coming years, so every penny is needed. The poems in this book are from a wide variety of sources and cover a diverse range of subjects from operations to having to live with PTSD and the effect on family. The range of contributors and their service is equally varied as are the experinces of those involved. Please buy this book. I like to support Combat Stress as they are supporting me. Thank you.
on 11 November 2012
This is a wonderful book of modern poetry written from the heart about a subject that is close to my heart. We lost our son Rifleman Cyrus Thatcher on 2nd June 2009. This morning I was with our family and friends at graveside for Remembrance and I read one of the poems - it was about 2 minutes silence and was completely appropriate. I know that as a family who have lost a loved one we too suffer from PTSD and I hope to contact Combat Stress and see if they may be able to help us. Thank you to all those who contributed to this book - I will look to it for inspiration for many years to come.