Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Drake Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 December 2013
The designs in this book put me much in mind of those motif sweaters that were so much in vogue in the 80s (think Giles Brandreth!)
There's a standard pattern for a basic crew-neck pullover, and then 12 designs including stars, a 'weather' design, telephone, music, big bright flowers, moustache, leopard-skin, and a tropical scene.
At the back, the author also gives details for polka dots/ chevrons/ hearts and more.
I didn't think there was much here for me; then I fell in love with a (gorgeous but overpriced) polka dot sweater in Dickins & Jones. So I have just borrowed it from library and am all set to make my own!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 April 2014
"Where's Me Jumper" is a Manchester-based company that makes bespoke hand-knitted jumpers, using images supplied by the customer. "The Knit Parade" is a collection of 12 of their motifs along with instructions on how to incorporate them into a jumper pattern. There's also an appendix containing some more repeating patterns, such as hearts and checks. The general tone of the book is quite hipsterish (each motif has an accompanying song, for example), and the motifs which include moustaches, telephones, Polaroids, and leopard print, may not be to everyone's taste.

The pattern for the jumper is the same whatever the motif and the instructions only cover two sizes. The motifs themselves are illustrated by charts but no further guidance is given on the best way to work them. There were errors and inconsistencies in the patterns, which although relatively easy to spot are irritating. The 'Paint it Black' chart, for example, is 107 instead of 105 stitches wide, so those blindly following it from right to left, then left to right, will come to grief.

I'm a relatively new knitter but I was able to follow the instructions and ended up with a jumper I'm very pleased with, although I would alter the proportions if knitting it again. I used the 'Paint it Black' motif (black drips running across the jumper) and the result is striking and original. I would gladly buy the book for this design alone.

[I was given a free download of this book by the publishers for review.]
on 28 October 2014
The Knit Parade is a brilliant little book that encourages you to not only think about fashion in a new and interesting way, but also gives you tips and tricks for how to create your own funky knit!

Although each pattern is designed to be unique to the individual, the book really helps in providing inspiration for your own design. With quirky bold ideas, the author Beki has managed to inject a real sense of humour into her creations too, which is really refreshing.

What I liked in-particular was the handy tablet sized book and simple "How-2" explanations - a long train journey will never be the same again for any wannabe fashion conscious knitters!

With both male and female models for each design, Beki shows that the sky is the limit in terms of what you create - anything can really suit anybody! So unleash your imagination and get knitting :-)
on 9 July 2014
This book is achingly hip. Or, it would like to be. The pattern bases are more like a recipe book than a straightforward knitting book I would expect, and this is reflected in the unique presentation of charts/sizes/motifs and ideas for personalising sweaters. More emphasis on style over substance , nothing here really said 'Knit me Now!' but it is well presented. Retro modern with a twist.
on 20 August 2014
I've used the basic pattern and designed my own jumper. Very good book and so easy to follow.
on 31 January 2017