on 5 November 2012
I"d hoped for 'traditional' Christmas things, more kings and shepherds, fewer peas and sprouts. That's the trouble with not being able to see what you're buying. Even a list of contents would have been helpful.
22 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 May 2017
Good patterns easy to follow and do
on 15 June 2017
love it and fast delivery to thank you
on 5 March 2017
Lovely ideas for Christmas.
on 27 September 2012
I have just received this book and I LOVE it. I am going to start knitting using it straight away. A great price packed with a wonderful variety of seasonal ideas that are very, very cute. Thanks to the author and publishers. Oh, and having pre-ordered I received it before the expected time! yay
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 November 2012
Contains 20 easily achievable festive patterns. There's animals - penguin, moose, a cute polar bear in a scarf and a crocodile in a Santa hat! Then the more traditional - We 3 Kings and a group of choirboys. And the downright wacky (and rather cute) - a Brussels sprout in a hat and beard. And a group of little snowballs, each in a crown, riding on a sledge!
I quite liked it, and as I say you don't need to be an expert to follow the patterns.
on 17 November 2012
I learnt the basics of knitting from Aneeta Patel's amazing book, Knitty Gritty, and bought this book recently to try out some easy projects that could be completed quickly. I am certainly not disappointed! I've completed the Chris-Moose without any problems and am about to start on the Ho Ho Ho Santa. The instructions are very easy to understand even with very little prior knowledge, and I love the quirky sense of humour that has gone into the names and designs of the patterns.
There are basic knitting instructions at the back of the book, but not enough on their own to be a complete guide to knitting, but that isn't the intention of the book anyway. All in all, great value and fun, and easy to understand.
on 14 November 2012
I bought this as a Christmas present for my sister and I know she will be delighted with it. There is a very good selection of items to make and the book is beautifully illustrated with clear instructions. I am also looking forward to using it.
on 23 March 2013
ive never knitted a pea, a brussels sprout etc before but i have now! clear instructions good results and not too difficult or too boring projects. bought a further copy as a present for someone else. also learned a few new things and techniques from this book
on 31 January 2013
Lots of cute Christmas knits, fun and quick to knit. Although some of the patterns are knitted with 4 ply wool, I used double knit and they turned out fine, just slightly larger. Very clear instructions for all levels of knitters.