on 24 December 2012
This was a brilliant walk down memory lane for me. Alan Morrison reminded me of so many sayings from my youth and I was shocked by how many of them I still use today - hoachin, ya wee dancer, black affrontit...

Highly recommended for Weegies in exile, whether culturally or geographically, and a good introduction to the Glaswegian psyche.
on 7 August 2015
Enjoyable read. Some of the sayings were unfamiliar to me but I am from the East Coast of Scotland and the dialect is different. The cartoon illustrations are lovely. Some of the sayings are hilarious.
on 10 July 2016
Fun and excellent delivery
on 4 May 2013
This could have been a lot better!
It's just a hotch-potch of old (and new) sayings soupposedly from the mouths of Glasgow grannies.
Well, that might be but after a while you become tired of these grannies.
Personally, I was expecting something new, but, that didn't happen.
on 6 August 2015
The funniest thing about this book was the title. I know we Glaswegians are notoriously difficult to please, but the contents of this book hardly raised a smile, far less a laugh. A rip off of recycled Glasgow humour and cliches!
on 21 November 2015
I,M SURE THAT WIS MA WIFEY TAJKIN ???.
on 27 December 2015
Very funny book
on 16 November 2014
Fantastic writer bought this book for myself now bought another one for my son... love it
on 13 May 2014
What a fantastic trip down memory lane reading this book gave me. It brought back many happy childhood memories. Recommended.
on 20 April 2013
As I've lived in England for 43 years I really enjoyed reading this book it brought back so many memories of my home in glasgow,I couldn't stop laughing.