on 5 May 2017
Good book for the quilter still in training( been at this lark for years, no real improvement .) Think the book will prove helpful, it is easy to follow, here's Hoping!
on 17 August 2017
Easy to follow instructions just right for the beginner.
on 6 April 2017
Brilliant designs
on 8 May 2017
There are lots of different patterns to tempt the most nervous of quilters, and of course the more discerning. All types of skill levels and interest and occasions.
on 5 January 2015
Excellent book. Easy to follow and really good clear instructions, even for beginners.
on 26 April 2012
This is a lovely well thought out and bright book on patchwork and quilting, which also includes applique and embroidery. Good instruction and a great place to start for the beginner. The retro/modern feel may well appeal to teenagers starting out too as there is nothing heavy and old fashioned about the projects. Definitely one of my favourites.
on 26 April 2012
I am relatively new to quilting and this is the best book I have bought so far. The first thing I love about the book is that it is packed full of colourful, modern and quirky designs. The book contains 35 projects including quilts, bags, aprons, place mats, bags and cushions. I love the beautiful patchwork quilt on the cover, the bags and a tablecloth made from vintage tea towels. The other thing I absolutely love about this book is that the projects are easy to follow. I often get confused by the instructions and diagrams in many craft books. The instructions are simple and to the point and the diagrams are colourful and easy to follow. I especially liked the section on how to do different types of binding. I would particularly recommend this book to any beginner looking for modern and fresh designs.
on 1 August 2012
Too often you feel let down by books that have a colourful front cover and promises of practical projects. This one does not disappoint. It is a fantastic book with lovely, bright illustrations throughout as well as precise instructions for making the some very useful items. It has inspired me to have a go at all 35 projects.
on 22 May 2013
I've bought a few sewing books and this is currently my favourite. Lots of imaginative projects I'm keen to try and the ones I have made have easy to follow instructions for a beginner like me, and just as important, lots of pictures to help you understand what your effort should look like. Close up images so you can see the details and - a really nice touch - pictures of the full quilt/ project so you can see the full pattern which is great for ensuring you are getting it right. Too many books have really nice arty pictures when what you need is a full shot to use as a guide. Great book - love it and looking forward to making almost everything in it!
on 29 July 2012
I've not made anything yet....but the books is very inspiring. With lovely pictures, indicators as to how difficult each project is, and drawings to guide you...it's a good purchase for someone getting started.

Well....made lots of things now....and this is alway my 'go to book' for a bit of guidance or reminding. Worth buying if you're a beginner to patchwork....or just dreaming of becoming a patchworker.