Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 October 2012
The first thing I have to say is I had no doubt whatsoever about buying this book. I have followed Lara's progress as a photographer throughout the past year or so after watching the Lara Jade vs Joey L DVD.

Who should buy this book? This book is an obvious choice for anybody who has any interest in fashion photography whatsoever. It covers absolutely everything from equipment used to building your creative team to shooting to marketing and much much more.

Each section of the book goes into great detail in how Lara does her job and how she ended up as one of New York's top fashion photographers. Each page also has a short description of technical jargon which will speed up your knowledge of this industry.

As well as all the information, this book is really well illustrated with shots from Lara's career which gives you an even greater insight and understanding to what goes on in the studio and on location.

Trust me, if you are a student just getting started out in photography or have a keen interest in fashion photography then this book is perfect for you. There is a lot to learn in this business and this book has plenty of information to help you on the road.
on 3 November 2012
What a fantastic book. Everything you need to know about where to start, what to buy, how to handle situations. Every photographer (aspiring/enthusiastic/profession) should have this book. It really is a complete guide to fashion photography with descriptive pictures that compliment the shoot.
on 2 November 2014
Comprehensive book on fashion photography. Everything you need to know from equipment, model searching and more. I would recommend this book to anyone that wanted to go in this direction of photography.
on 18 October 2012
I can't tell you how much I love this book! I have followed Lara Jade's photography for a few years now and to have a book about the process she goes through is a must buy! It's very nicely written and contains lots of beautiful photographs by her. What I like most about this book is that it is so informative! Step-by-step, everything from choosing a camera and lens to shooting to finishing the pictures using a software, all is covered in this book and written in a way that you will definitely understand it. I would definitely recommend it!
on 29 April 2013
So glad I brought this book, followed Lara for a while and wanted to get the book, and it came down in price so I went for the plunge, I am study a photography degree and this book has everything you need to know there a-bouts, a great and interesting read, has really helped me hone my photography skills. It is really interesting reading how somebody takes there photos, well worth the money.
on 24 March 2013
I had high hopes for this book - Lara's work has a great look to it and she clearly has fresh ideas but sadly none of that really comes across in the words.

My point of comparison is the excellent book by Bruce Smith 'Pro Digital Fashion Photography' which combines the basics, which credit to Lara she does, with wit, wisdom and style.

I was hoping for the basic guide from lara's point of view and while that is here it feels very superficial - positing the lights this way or that is fine but I was really looking for something that made Lara's approach different and I didn't get it.

the lightning set ups are well explained.

Had I not read Bruce's book I might have been more positive but I'm not sure this book really does Lara's vision justice.
on 17 December 2012
Inspired me so much! Great book. Buy and you won't look back!

My friend told me about the book we are mad on fashion photography so i thought id buy it and i haven't looked back. This book has helped us in going that one step further towards where we want to be and gave us some inspiration.

Looking forward to seeing what Lara will produce in the future.
on 8 May 2013
As a beginner photographer I found this book very helpful. It not only gives you an insight into fashion photography but also gives advice on the camera, kit and details into creating your own photo shoot. Definitely worth buying.
on 23 September 2013
I bought the book on a whim as I'm a professional photographer already and wanted a few new ideas. Unfortunately I felt the book was aimed too much at the bottom end and won't provide too much info. There is some very basic information and I was assuming that there would be a vast amount of photos & poses but this wasn't the case. The book is literally a 101 guide to give you an 'idea' of fashion photography.
My advice would be to save the money and seriously, if you're looking into fashion photography, just get out there and get it done. Don't charge people for the shots, just create your own style and get recognised, and focus more on natural light as a starting point :-)
on 1 August 2014
This isn't going to make you an overnight success in the fashion photography game. Neither will it make you a fashion photographer. It will however give you a little insight into the skills you need to learn in order to start learning the craft.
Used alongside other resources and hours of shooting this could be a key book to help you get where you want to be though.