on 5 January 2012
I bought this book shortly after having my second baby and, although I don't really have a problem with milk supply, I have still used it loads, because the recipes are so delicious and easy to make. The best thing about it is that my husband and 4-year old daughter love the meals too, which means we can all enjoy them together. I'm sure I will still be using the recipes a long time after I have finished breastfeeding.
on 7 April 2015
I'm a mum of four with youngest being six months. I was looking for some new inspiration as well as some foods that helped with breastfeeding. We have just had the beetroot risotto for tea and everyone wolfed it down plus it was only a few minutes work to make! Handy when your baby only lets you have a few minutes off!
Can't wait to try the rest of the book. Recipes are simple to buy and make 😊
on 3 January 2012
I bought this book shortly after I had my second baby and cant recommend it highly enough. She is now 4 months and still exclusively breastfed and she is a very happy baby. I am not the best cook but the recipes are brilliant, really easy to follow and most importantly very tasty. My favourite must be oven-baked beetroot risotto and beef stew and dumplings is just perfect for these cold evenings. All mums out there should get a copy!!!!
on 6 February 2012
I love this book as it is specifically designed for cooking and freezing meals ahead of the arrival of your baby. It was really great to be able to prepare some delicious meals ahead of time before the birth of our second daughter. A great buy :-)
on 14 June 2012
Fan recipes, easy to follow, already ate many things so was pleased to see what I was eating was right. Love the fact you can freeze some & the whole family can also enjoy the food without thinking they are being fed something 'weird & wacky'
on 5 January 2012
As someone who has struggled with milk supply with my youngster, I know the sense of frustration and worry that overlayed what was supposed to be an easy and special experience. I did a lot of research about foods that supported good feeding and found that there was a significant difference, almost immediately, when I took care of what I was eating.

The Contented Calf Cookbook is a fantastic book of recipes that takes the wonderful foods that support new mums who are feeding their youngsters and combines them in easy to make (I really can't cook), interesting, delicious meals. The recipes are a far more interesting than much of what is available in other similar books.

Now my child is a little older he loves our favourites recipes from Contented Calf and my husband says that the crumble is the best he has ever tasted - that is the voice of experience.

Contented Calf is a must for all new mums. The presentation is beautiful and it a wonderful gift for anyone who is expecting.
on 7 February 2012
I'm pretty fussy when it comes to food and found that typically all the foods good for milk supply I don't like. This cookbook has great ideas on how to include these foods in everyday recipes and even yummy biscuits handy for snacks when feeding baby.
on 3 January 2012
Where little is published about the influence of diet on the production of breast milk in humans, this book is well researched, beautifully presented and full of delicious recipes that would be useful not only to nursing mothers, but everyone who wants to eat healthy and tasty food.
on 3 January 2012
I bought this book to give to a friend who was expecting a baby but after my daughter found it and made some of the recipes it's still at my house! The recipes are clear and simple - and as we don't have anyone breastfeeding in our house - clearly suitable for everyone. Excellent book!
on 9 February 2014
Some lovely recipes for the whole family to try, brilliant that you can make most things up in advance, so to save you worrying about dinners once baby arrives