Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 16 February 2013
I've kept seeing MBCT (Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy) being mentioned as an effective method in various science journals in the last few years, never really understanding what the technique actually involved.

Mike Fisher is founder of the British Association of Anger Management (BAAM). His small book explains it fully with experienced examples and solutions. Which even an average reader can complete in under 2 hours. Its equivalent to about 50-60 pages due to double spaced lines.

It seems we all have anger problems either as imploders / exploders or survivors of a person of anger. I found the living in the present section the most revelatory. This book is a must for both partners in modern relationships that have reached the "Relate stage".

I honestly feel this small book will save relationships / lives.

The book has also been quoted directly by the New Scientist "Do get mad: The upside of anger" (8th Feb '12)
on 14 August 2012
A friend of mine gave me this book as a gift. I finally got round to reading it, and was completely enlightened. I had heard of mindfulness before, but this book really made sense to me, and has helped me to manage my anger. I would recommend this book to everyone.
on 19 May 2013
This is a wonderful book. Based on the author's many years of practical experience of the subject it can be trustfully implemented. It can be read in a couple of hours, although it's worth taking a little longer to allow the material to settle in. Beautifully designed too, would make an appreciated gift to those close to you who might be in need.
on 4 April 2015
I found this book rather derivative and author may owe quite a lot to some more original thinkers. It wasn't brilliantly written either and jumped around a lot. As a result, I didn't feel though I was being guided through a series of chapters which the author had crafted. On the plus side, there are quite a few suggestions about journal keeping (which I will try) and meditations (none of which were original)
on 21 August 2012
Whilst this slim volume could be considered the much awaited follow-up to his first best seller, Beating Anger (also available on Amazon Beating Anger: The eight-point plan for coping with rage), it enhances the principles of Anger Management within the sphere of Mindfulness. Prior knowledge of the subject is not a requirement as both background and embellishment are carefully and practically laid out for both the novice and proficient. Approach this with an open mind and heart, and you will realise that this a must read for all either in crisis or wishing to find equilibrium in dealing with daily stresses particularly within relationships.
on 10 April 2015
A lovely book. I am very much a realist when it comes to managing your emotions rather than the 'surround yourself in white loving light' and 'think positive thoughts etc!'
But this book is a refreshing change that aims to manage anger rather than not feel the emotion at all!!!

I like the way Mike talks of emotional dynamics that resonated within me and i like the idea of introducing meditation and relaxation into your emotional and mental well being!

It is a tough book in terms of having to stay with your anger and be detached, which it comes with some internal work to develop that particular skill he is trying to get across!

I used to get quite scared feeling angry as well other emotions and what i would do and be a hair trigger when involved in various situations especially with family but im glad to say that mostly i do try to listen a whole lot more and when its too much excuse myself to get some breathing space before coming back to the situation again.

I did start a journal to have that important 'me time' to acknowledge where i was at in myself and this has led me to be lot more self aware and in return allows me to see where i am at on a particular day. It helps me to process my depression, anger, rage, annoyance, stress or feeling insulted too whereas before i would have these emotions and feelings within me and i wasnt quite sure how to deal with it whereas now i can acknowledge it and see what it means to me.

I look forward to his next book and his insights into working with angry people too!
on 23 July 2014
It s the most helpfull book I have ever read about this subject and I loved the way language used and the style of approach to the subject. Thank you.
on 30 July 2014
Interesting and practical. Apples some principles from mediation into a helpful guide including support for a self-help journal. Try it.
on 16 July 2015
Very good concise and thought provoking.
on 11 March 2016
So far it makes me angry reading it!!