Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(5 star). See all 13 reviews
on 1 October 2017
A really good selection of Sci Fi stories in one book. Bought as a present for someone who reads a lot of science fiction, I was pleased to hear that the quality of the stories was really good.
on 2 December 2017
Good read.
on 4 September 2013
This is a good collection of stories I have not seen before, by authors I do mostly know.
I am now going to try the next set from Solaris
on 29 November 2011
Now, in any anthology of short stories, the inevitable question arises: which one was your favourite? The answer has to be "I don't know". The stories are all so gripping, so beautifully crafted... Short story anthologies were how I got into the genre, and this collection really reminds me why. Some of them, like "Point Zero", I really wanted to see expanded into novels. Others, like "Dreaming Towers, Silent Mansions" were perfect as they are.

Short story anthologies are also perfect for dipping into, so I'd recommend this book to anybody who ants a taste of the best science fiction being published today, or anyone who wants to have a look at the genre without too much pressure.