on 1 August 2017
Love this book,it is one of the better cookery books I have got including one from the bake off which as far as I am concerned only repeats so many well known recipes.This one is full of wholesome recipes which include a lot of seasonal fruits.I would definitely buy other NT books.
They make the best scones I have ever tasted on my life outside of Cornwall and if I can make scones as good as that one day I'll be happy.
I love this book more than the Delia one I got I think.
on 24 February 2014
I worked for the NT in the kitchens and know a few of the recipe contributors and they really are great recipes and are really easy to follow, definitely worth a go at the price
on 12 July 2017
Very pretty book, lots of atmospheric photos.
on 24 December 2013
Another good addition to my recipe book collection! Some tasty recipes and lovely pictures. Some 'empty' pages at times seem superfluous and could have been omitted if not used.
on 17 June 2017
Fabulous book to have on my shelf
on 26 September 2012
I've been on a bit of a cook book roll recently and have managed to find myself some incredible new ones, but this one has to be my favourite. I saw it on the shelf and had to pick it up-it's SUCH a beautiful book. Sybil's intro is really rather heart warming and touching, and she has clearly written this book with a lot of love and care, and attention to detail. Lots of old favourites and some completely new to me (try the Leek and Bacon Froise or the Cinnamon Parsnip Cupcakes), this has been a revelation. Additionally, Sybil goes right back to basics and discusses measurements, weights, temperatures, methods and terminology, really helping to ensure you aren't just following a recipe but really understanding, enabling every baker to amend and adjust the recipes to their own individual tastes and preferences-something I've never really got the hang of until now. Wonderful stuff.
on 9 May 2017
I have a thing for cook books. This is a lovely hardback book to add to my collection with lots of yummy recipes.
on 4 October 2012
Beautiful looking book, with really easy to follow delicious recipes. Would look lovely in any kitchen and would make a perfect gift!
on 26 September 2012
I bought a copy of this book at the new Cake & Bake Show and am so glad that i did. The images are beautifully shot and the recipes just jump off the page. i like that the book isn't set out as grouped recipes for sweet, savoury etc but has chapters for cooking with ingredients from your dairy, larder, your kitchen garden and even the orchard. It's bright and colourful with a wonderful selection of delicious recipes and will be a well-used book in my kitchen. it's definitely the perfect Christmas gift book for the baker in your family!
on 27 September 2012
You just can't miss the magnificent cake on the front cover of this baking bible. But the insides are equally mouthwatering and delicious. Every type of baking is here and Sybil Kapoor's recipes are clear and precise. This is both a beautiful gift for the baker in your life or a great self purchase for anyone interested in the current national obsession with anything baking. Thoroughly recommended!