on 16 August 2013
Having spent years trying to find the perfect door-stop which I am able to read i thought i had struck gold with this door-stop come book. In this modern age of a electronic e-readers the door-stop come book has neared extinction, with the thin beveled edges of this latest craze being unable to hold open the solid oak doors of my generation. After countless conversations with my wife Patricia i decided to scoured the internet in the hope i would find something suitable.

After a long search I came across this book. With a high extent, large format and a heavy GSM my eyes lit up. Eureka!!! i thought. I have found an example of something that many thought was extinct.... a door-stop come book!!!.

I purchased with stiff anticipation.

My disappointment after it arrived can be summed up in 8 words . This. Is. Not. A. Door. Stop. Come. Book. Pistol Pete has once again conned us all.
on 2 April 2014
Having trouble sleeping?. Forget the doctors, forget the pills, try this fantastic remedy from one of the world's most exciting professional bodies, the IASB. Two pages before you go to bed (or at any other time of the day) will have you snoring, provided you don't try to understand it. If the first volume doesn't work, the second with background material is sure to do the trick. At just 60 pounds, it's a snip.

As regards use as a doorstop, I have to disagree with some of the other reviewers. A hardback edition of War and Peace would be better.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 April 2013
I bought this product as a door stop for little Timmy's bedroom. He can't sleep unless he can see the light from the hallway! He never has grown out of his fear of the dark and during this crucial period before his A-levels, he needs his sleep more than ever!

This door stop is both sturdy and features an attractive red swirl! Though a fantastic statement in any house, I do feel £60 is a little pricey and so i have deducted one star accordingly.