Customer reviews

on 23 September 2014
Nice read
on 29 October 2014
Although this item downloaded to my device I received an error message each time I tried to read it and regrettably had to return it for a refund. I am reluctant to try and buy this again in case the same error appears, other books purchased and downloaded at the same time were fine.
on 1 March 2018
Its a charming tale of a sincere dachshund owners life in Africa. I met this man by chance in Tewksbury some years ago while I with my two dachshunds and he told me of his book. I complement him in retrospect.
on 20 September 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and anyone who's a dog lover - especially a dachshund-owner - will enjoy and appreciate this wonderful story of the adventures of two dachsies and their adoring owners.....from Africa to Europe and back. It's entertaining, humorous and lighthearted - and I recommend it to canophilists everywhere. Happy reading!
on 20 September 2011
A heartwarming tale of the relationship between a man and his cherished dogs - picked it up intending to read the first few pages before bed and couldn't put it down. Almost made me want to own a dachshund, buy a boat and head off on an adventure. I would highly recommend this to anyone who's ever loved and been loved by a dog.
on 16 September 2011
Written with such passion, from the first sentence I was hooked - I couldn't put the book down! It's enchanting - evocative - and there's no doubt who the main characters are! Rather a sad ending, although that's to be expected... don't read it if you are inclined to wanderlust!
One person found this helpful
on 28 September 2011
A very good read. Enjoyable account of two great dogs with characters and a travel story to boot. I really enjoyed the book and would recommend it to those who love travel and dogs. Jan
on 5 September 2011
A well written, humorous and affectionate book, which will resonatewith any dog owner and even the 'dogless'. I would highly recommend it.
One person found this helpful
on 19 May 2015
fantastic read from start to finish