Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 18 September 2013
A highly original, personal work, unlike anything else I've seen in the comics medium. The story is relatively slight, and dreamlike, but has enough emotional resonance to stay with the reader after the pages have closed. Could have easily collapsed into weirdness for weirdness' sake, but it lifts itself above that.

The illustrations have the feel of an old-fashioned childrens' book from the '50s or '60s, vivid enough to complement the strange story, simple enough not to get in the way.

Utterly captivating.
on 30 August 2014
Bought this after I sought advice from some graphic design friends as I was buying a gift. It's absolutely beautiful illustration and a nice story. It's published by Nobrow who, if you like this there's plenty more there. Chuffed to bits.
on 26 December 2014
Beautiful book. perfect condition. Thank you!
on 10 September 2015
Beautiful story, even more beautiful artwork.
on 21 December 2014
Beautifully illustrated story.
on 7 September 2014
I cant wait to read this again, its such an amazing story and well presented. Dont hesitate!
on 23 October 2014
Present, very well received
on 4 November 2014
Lovely production
on 27 December 2014
This is not a map of Days!

I moved to Days, Maine many many years ago from Ipswitch, England, and in the winter of '14 I had decided to engage in the popular american hobby of extreme survivalist exercises.

At 8pm on December the 1st that year, after kissing the missus and the sprogs goodbye, I went into the freezing Days Forest with little other than my pocket-knife, teaspoon, binoculars, and my so-called 'Map of Days' (which I bought on Amazon and it arrived 2 days ahead of schedule, admirably) as I ran barefoot into the endless freezing darkness. The searing hot thrill of adventure zapping down one's nerves, and the scream of freedom leaving one's lungs.

I managed to find some natural shelter and started constructing a small fire that would last me until the morrow, when I planned to find or construct myself a more secure and habitable shelter and with some luck set up a camp. But after I gave the fire enough wood to buy its allegiance to guard while I slept, I thought I'd have a quick perusal of the very important cartographic book I had purchased, just to prepare myself for the following morning's arduous task. I felt sick to my stomach when I realised that I held in my hands some ludicrous hypocrisy, some twisted joke, the hardback of my bane. This book nearly cost me my life. Don't let it cost you yours. Listen attentively!

I spent two and half weeks in Days Forest, and escaped with only minor frostbite in all of my toes and dysentery. Thankfully the false document found use on the occasional night the fire was not feeling welcome by making his bed a little softer, though the colourful pages of that little twerp protagonist running about in the fantastical worlds only seemed to mock my miserable fate of being lost in a small dark rural forest.

I am giving this the lowest possible star rating, because every night I spent sitting and clutching my toes and religiously observing the pages of illustrations of the protagonist blaze into a twist of smouldering paper instilled in me a spiritual sense of power to which I owe my survival in Days Forest and my recent success in battling agoraphobia.

Map of Days my foot!