Customer reviews

on 16 November 2010
This is a very insightful biography from Ian Griffiths, telling the story of his life so far. Very easy to read in a literal sense, and difficult to read in a heartfelt sense.
It is very insightful and holds more information about Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy that a textbook. It is personal and honest, and most of all- real.
If the reader is a parent of a child with DMD, this book is an idea of a certain future. I, myself, found so many similarities to how life is within my own family.
I found Ian to be an extremely likeable and strong writer, true to the reader in all ups and downs alike. I also liked the formatting between good times and bad- very hopeful for the readers knowledge and consistant.
A fascinating life so far.
A must read.
....also given me lots of tips and help!
on 9 March 2014
Ian has written a most moving and totally honest account of how DMD has blighted his short life, yet without overwhelming self-pity. A book that highlights how much we take our health for granted, even the smallest things like taking the next breath or being able to move, eat or drink. Highlights a disease most of us know so very little about but which has scarred the lives of many young boys and of course,their families. Yet it ends on a hopeful note.
on 25 January 2017
A must read if you think YOU are having a bad day - very talented author & digital artist