• MOZ
  • Customer reviews

on 3 March 2013
Thoroughly enjoyable and informative 'warts 'n' all account of one of Rugby League's modern greats. Adrian Morley may be something of a beast on the pitch but he shows himself to be something of a thinker and a compassionate one at that, away from the action. In 'Moz - My Story' we follow his career from the early Eccles days to being signed as a promising youngster by Leeds, the Oz adventure, International events - including that sending off! - and back to the top, well almost, with Warrington. Up with Terry Newton's book in terms of an engaging and informative insight into the modern game. Adrian Morley also has plenty of thoughts on the future of the game and I for one, as a long term fan of rugby league as opposed to 'Super League' can think of few who have greater experience or are likely to be more worth listening to.
on 31 October 2017
An excellent read for anyone who enjoys sport, not just Rugby League. Honest, brutal and extreamly funny in parts, it highlights the everyday challenges all professional sportsmen face and pulls no punches in giving an honest account of growing up playing the toughest sport in the world.
on 15 December 2013
Even if you know little about Rugby League this is a great autobiography about a great star. Someone who can last as long as Moz has in this physical sport is truly a great, he is one of the best players we have ever had.
At least he has lived a life before this autobiography has been written.
It has the highs and lows of a great career that is still going.
A life of someone you would easily meet in the street.
on 26 December 2012
This is an excellent read.
If you are a Rugby League fan this is one of those books that you will find hard to put down.
He deals with all sorts of aspects of his career(Internationals,Leeds,Australian Stint,Bradford and Warrington) and personal life including a chapter on his religious beliefs, which helped me understand my own Father more.
There are also tributes throughout the book including a foreword from Ryan Giggs,who reveals he used to play in the same junior team as Chris Morley.
Great book and highly recommended.
on 26 June 2016
A fantastic read from a great talisman of the sport. Really compelling gives you a great insight into the ups and downs of a professional rugby league player
on 15 April 2016
Read this whilst an holiday in Gambia - I always "fancied" Adrian from when he first played at Leeds. This book is well written, funny, sad, very truthful - being dragged up on Rugby league (Dad & Brother both played) & being female, Adrian's tales really give you a behind the scenes account of the game - couldn't put this book down - fantastic read.
on 23 October 2016
Very honest account of his playing career and life. A big contrast between how you perceive him as a player to as a person. I liked the you can see similar storylines between rugby league autobiographies; in this case Baz McDermott and Moz. The Terry Newton chapter was super cool too.
on 19 September 2013
I did enjoy the book but, for me, it wasn't one of those I couldn't put down and it took me somewhat longer to read than I expected.
So I'd give this one 3 stars, it was a decent enough read but not one I'd rave about!
on 12 April 2015
What man and what player we do with at least 13 more of him! But really it was good read and I would say get book you will love it.
on 16 January 2013
Really enjoyed this book, I'm not a big reader but love rugby league and Moz is one of the true rugby league warriors. This book doesn't just concentrate on rugby facts and statistics like some of the autobiographies I've read, you get a real feel for the man behind the game and what shaped his career. Well worth the read and one I'd recommend.