on 25 January 2018
The techniques in this book really work. I have gone from believing that my memory was appalling to understanding that its simply that I didn't know how to use it properly. As Domonic says 'the brain is like a muscle that requires regular exercise.

I was waiting for a dentist appointment the other day and while I was sat I memorised all of my credits cards in my wallet including expiry dates and pin numbers. I can now learn to recall a 30 digit number in less than 10mins and I'm sure this will get quicker. You have to really immerse yourself into this book. I only really succeeded on the second attempt, giving up a third of the way through first time round.

I rated this four stars and not five as I believe most people would be like me in just wanting to improve their memory for day to day use, however Dominic goes quite deeply into how to become a memory champion and therefore there is a little too much about card counting and binary digits.

All in all though it is a great book and even possibly life changing! Also recommend the audio book
on 6 May 2016
I was a bit disappointed that a lot of the content duplicated another Dominic O'Brien book I had bought some years ago - so beware if you already know his material it's the "same old" recycled However if your new to his material its well worth a read and sets out his approach clearly if a bit padded out with wandering stories.
4 people found this helpful
on 7 August 2017
Very, very, interesting. One I learnt the basic techniques I could remember a shuffled pack of 52 cards in about 10 minutes. But I didn't buy it for that; I bought it to help me learn lines for acting. And adapting his technique has paid off no end.
on 29 May 2017
Quite amazing how effective these techniques are. Only just started reading the book but already i am shocked how well it is working. Look forward to applying these methods to my every day to see if they improve my memory on the go.
on 25 December 2017
The author writing style is very good. The book flows from beginning to end. Very motivating. Greatly respect the author for sharing his techniques. Recommend to all. All I have to do is implement the technique and memorize a deck of cards :)
on 27 May 2015
A very good book on memory techniques. I've had a printed copy for years but wanted an updated Kindle edition.
on 20 September 2013
A brilliant read, the techniques take some investment of time and some personalisation, but it is well worth it if you do make the effort. It would take considerably longer to come up with the methodologies yourself, and it's great to get an insight into something that has obviously been completely life changing for the author. I just want a party trick, and maybe some more confidence at interviews, and I think it more than suffices for that. Already able to impress my kids on a first attempt at memorising a pack of cards.
on 7 January 2013
I liked this book because Dominic underlined throughout how academically challenged he was during his school years and I think this book will be a huge incentive for those people who think that such success and extraordinary memory feats are 'not for the likes of them'.
7 people found this helpful
on 31 October 2014
I loved the simplicity of the language used in the book which makes it an interesting read and allows you to absorb the memory techniques. Best to bookmark the pertinent points and exercise so you can go back to them. You will not be a memory champ after a single read but by revisiting the exercises and techniques I reckon you can make a big difference to your memory skills.
on 16 May 2013
The information in this book (or fairly equivalent information) is available from other books, but the way this one is written is the reason it's become one of my favourites. Easily accessible, step by step writing shows you from very early on that what he's talking about really works and can be applied to your own life. Highly recommend