Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 August 2012
Probably the best memory book I have read. It might be better to read Dominic O'Brien's How to develop a perfect memory before reading this one, together they have everything you need to train your memory. I suspect this is a book that has more depth than most memory books, and is one I will probably find myself going back to again and again. I really don't understand why they don't teach this stuff in all schools.
on 29 March 2012
This book is as the title says, "Amazing!". I have(had) a terrible memory, so I really need this book, at the beginning there is a test of 30 words in a sequence, which you have three minutes to commit to memory, I think I remembered about 10, which is average, By the time I got to about page 70 and read the "Journey method", I then remembered all 30 easily and in the right sequence, On the chapter called the Dominic system, I managed to memorize Pi to 24 places in about 5 minutes, If you had said I could have done this a week ago, I would have just laughed!
Light and enjoyable book to read and highly recommended.
on 10 April 2011
It is simply the best book on memory ever written. An absolute must-read for everyone interested in improving their memory. Apart from description of the main techniques, Dominic O'Brien shares his personal and very effective tips which go far beyond the popular systems. Even if you have read his previous books, you will find a lot of new valuable information in this one. Highly recommended!
Get hold of this book or something like it if you're preparing for exams. It's really important to work WITH your brain and to make the most of the way it actually functions by using methods of the kind set out here. Use these tricks to unleash the power of your imagination - just trying to remember long lists of stuff basically doesn't work. Recommended.
on 31 March 2012
This book is a great way to learn techniques used by a memory master! Great practical examples, I learned to recite 30 random words in about 30 minutes of practice (which felt like 2).

Really good writing/teaching style making the book very engaging, helped by stories of his struggles and triumphs.

Lost one star for being a little "geeky" (not the best way of describing it). An example of what I mean by that is I don't need to be able to learn PI to a ridiculous accuracy and a little more focus on day to day memory situations, which there are some, would have got 5.

Hope that helps.
on 7 January 2013
I liked this book because Dominic underlined throughout how academically challenged he was during his school years and I think this book will be a huge incentive for those people who think that such success and extraordinary memory feats are 'not for the likes of them'.
on 10 May 2011
I have read many books on this subject and this one is the best of them so far. Since every author promotes similar fundamental principles, there is inevitably overlap and duplication between them. As you read more and more books on the topic you only pick incremental little nuances.

So if you want an introduction to the field or want to see how the techniques can be applied to a very wide variety of different aspects of life, this title would be perfect. However, if you want to understand how best to apply them to a particular individual challenge like academic study, you would be better off buying a book dedicated to that particular topic such as O'Brien's How to Pass Exams: Accelerate Your Learning - Memorise Key Facts - Revise Effectively.
on 16 August 2012
An easy to read well written book that will work if you apply the principles.
Imagination,exageration,loci, peg and link, association are all used
Personally I think How Develop a Super Power by Harry Loraynne is better but it will provide you with results
on 7 May 2011
the book is the best i had a few memory program and this one has helped from the offset. im terrible with names and now names are sticking. i feel that my experiences are growing as a part of a growing memory base also

learn and enjoy learning with this book
on 26 June 2013
Certainly, some of the techniques outlined seem to work - at least when I'm sitting down concentrating on the exercises. Whether they will work at a subconscious level, which is what I am aiming for, remains to be seen! Early days. But an easy book to read and understand, although I could do with a bit less of his reminding me how many decks of cards he can memorise in one sitting! It's meant to be encouraging, but it sometimes feels a bit like boasting and/ or rubbing my nose in the fact that I'm not as good as he is! Despite my comments, I would recommend this book if you would like to improve your memory