Customer reviews

Get Off Your Arse Too
Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 August 2017
Im currently on the last chapter. This book is contagious. I'm reading it and struggle to put it down. My dad is self employed too and some of this reminds me of dads early days and hard, hard work.
The content touches base with you so often. To be honest I've had to stop myself tweeting brad every few pages to link in about what I've just read. I'll be purchasing the next one.
on 16 September 2017
Excellent follow up on the first book. Gave me the final push I needed to go self employed full time. Handed my notice in immediately after finishing it. Ordered the next two books Life business just got easier & NowWhat?
on 7 May 2012
As the title says Brad has come back with GOYA2 which I personally believe to be bigger & better than GOYA1 hard to say when I loved that, I wasn't sure how he could top GOYA1 but from the first few lines I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.

Refreshingly honest and funny this book really is a must read for any business owner, I'm new to business and I recognise so much that Brad says, wondering how I will pay the mortgage each month is always high on my agenda, its a catch 22 I need to invest in the business yet I also need to pay my mortgage its hard! Brad's book has given me insight and ideas and hope which I was somewhat lacking.

People may find this review stupid or silly but like Brad I believe its best to be honest! GOYA2 is a truly inspirational book and well worth a read, I read GOYA & GOYA 2 in just over 2 days which must say something. If you are new to business or even an exisiting small business owner looking for inspiration then look no further this is the book for you.

Brad once again thank you for making me "Get of my Arse" i'm not ready to give up just yet!
on 12 June 2017
Good book
on 15 October 2017
I made myself a promise that I would go away on holiday and not pick up my phone or IPad for the entire week. I first saw Brad at an event in London a couple of years ago.

He signed me a copy of his third book which I duly took home. Recently I took on a new role and over the years have read lots of businesses and personal development titles.

I’ve followed the FISH Philosophy for many years and can see lots synergy. I wanted the time away from all the noise of day to day life to read and absorb all four of Brads books.

In a nutshell Thank you for your honesty I’ve collected a suitcase of ideas not only for me but to support the team that surrounds me.

I came away totally knackered and going back recharged with a clear understanding life has been okay its has its ups and downs but I’m going to make Great and not warste those tickets.

Ps... I did it not a single call, email etc for whole week just fully engaged enjoying my holiday..try it !!
on 15 March 2017
Another mans rubbish is another mans treasure, I messaged Brad and thanked him for writing this inspirational piece of literature, I related on many levels of the book and have been in some and still in some of those situations he has been in too, this is written in a language everyone can understand, and by that I mean plain and simple truth, if you like the truth or not it quickly becomes apparent and finding myself agreeing out loud with statements and suggestions Brad makes and also kicking myself for the things I am not doing and kidding myself that one day it will be ok, NO it won't GOYA and so it today!
Fantastic and something I wish is of read a long time ago
on 24 July 2017
A great read. I have taken a lot of inspiration from this book. A lot of it resonated with me. Again, like the fist GOYA I would highly recommend any business owner give it a read. the two books have really given me a lot of comport, enthusiasm, laughs drive you name it! Nice one.
on 31 May 2017
Excellent read
Very much recommended
Real
Factual
And relevant
on 13 August 2017
That difficult "second album" wasn't a problem here this is as easy to read and as full of brilliant info as the first book.
on 6 August 2011
I read Brad's first book about six months after starting my business and by my own admission it really spoke to me, especially the pitfalls that embryonic businesses can fall into. It made me buck my ideas up, stop mucking about and to get on with getting my business going.

Two plus years on I have a business that is starting to go places partly helped by the inspiration of GOYA, partly down to my involvement in 4Networking and partly down to my own drive and desire to succeed.

In his second book Brad touches on a number of elements of the first book but most importantly he adds to the readers journey. I love the intense honesty that he shares in this volume it's a very refreshing, and I feel we really get to the heart of what makes Brad tick. He is to be congratulated very few writers open up in the way he does in this book and share his innermost trials and tribulations.

Moreover he shares his valuable learning journey on taking his business to the level it has achieved to date and there are a number of learning points both from Brad and other friends and businesses he knows. The honesty and simplicity in the way this is portrayed is easy to grasp and I for one have had more points to take away than his first volume.

There are times in all our lives when we need guidance from those we love, friends and colleagues and business associates. Brad Burton in GOYA II comes through loud and clear. For those of you running a small business and needing some friendly honest guidance then this is a must read. 10 out of 10!

Look out for the Y moment in your life or business, I for one know I have more than a few of those to deal with. Inspirational!