on 17 May 2017
This is the greatest book I've ever read, by far. The writer's poetic words direct the reader to the nature of life and hints at attitudes that can help us manage and make sense of our human condition. I have bought many copies, over a few decades, for friends, and recommended this to read for many clients. I think it is a gift to be able to express something difficult (life) so beautifully, and with so few words.
on 17 March 2014
I was looking for an extra-special version of this favourite text, to give away as a present for a key birthday to someone who has everything..... and it did not disappoint. It is sumptuous in its presentation, with detailed, evocative illustrations and this version, being bigger than most copies, is indeed extra-special. Both giver and receiver were delighted.
on 10 December 2012
The words are superb and deserve 5 stars without fail. The size is on the small side (6" by 4") and I was disapointed that it did not include Kahlil's own drawings which compliments his words as in my own earlier edition The Prophet. There is a very comprehensive introduction of 11 pages which puts his life and work in context and it has a ribbon page finder and gold edged pages. The Prophet has an answer to many questions we come across in life and you will never tire of returning to this wonderful text.
on 27 May 2014
Like other people, I've had loads of paperback copies of The Prophet and over the years I've given them all away to people who were intrigued by quotes from it. This is a lovely copy, with beautiful illustrations, and feels more in keeping with the quality of what's written in the book! You can't review a book like The Prophet - its simple, uncompromising lessons for life are either your cup of tea or not, but at least I won't be giving this copy away! Lovely.
on 1 November 2016
I chose the exact copy of The Prophet that I had been given in the 1970s, because I had passed that copy on to a young friend. I am passionate about Gibran's verse and never more so than in The Prophet.
on 7 March 2014
My book arrived in timescale. It is a replacement for one i had over 20 years ago which now sits in my loft somewhere, so i bought a new one. Calm and soothing book to read whilst relaxing. I would have given 5 stars if it had the cover that was advertised as this is the reason i bought from this seller instead of others. I had wanted the cover i had on my first purchase all those years ago. Other than that pleased with my purchase, arrived in excellent condition and envelope great to fit through letterboxes.
on 15 May 2016
One of the defining books of my generation - I haven't been without a copy since the 60s! This was bought for my son in the hope it will make him more mindful of love and life.
on 6 July 2016
I must have bought The Prophet for so many people over the years as presents because if offers such good advice, wisdom and help on so many topics ranging from love and marriage, giving and receiving, work etc etc. I think it's a cult classic that will never be out of print.
on 28 February 2013
Always loved this book. It reaches deep. The words are beautiful. Dont read it in a hurry, take time to absorb the meaning. I chose the pieces on love and marriage to read at a wedding and everyone appeared very moved....including the bride.Particularly glad to find this book which was in brilliant condition though second hand as it is the same issue/cover as my own copy. I gave it away as part of the wedding present.
on 25 August 2013
I have long enjoyed The Prophet and bought this as a special gift for a wedding. This particular copy is just beautiful. It is a small book but a wonderful gift. I couldn't be more pleased.