on 1 November 2016
I chose the exact copy of The Prophet that I had been given in the 1970s, because I had passed that copy on to a young friend. I am passionate about Gibran's verse and never more so than in The Prophet.
on 15 May 2016
One of the defining books of my generation - I haven't been without a copy since the 60s! This was bought for my son in the hope it will make him more mindful of love and life.
on 24 October 2017
So many writers today try to copy what Kahlil said centuries ago. But this is the original one!
On goodreads it says there should be 200 something pages. I was a bit confused.
on 26 March 2013
I first read this as a student forty years ago and it's still my go to present for friends and family members as they turn eighteen. It's a lyrical classic; if I could find an edition with the original illustrations this ageing hippy would be very happy and definitely give is five stars.
on 12 April 2016
Although this is a good quality product and a nice size I was disappointed that the only colour illustration is on the slip cover.
There are no other illustrations but the pages have monochrome decorative elements and gold edging.
on 19 February 2016
My second copy of this book as the first got water damaged by condensation and I couldn't bare not to have it in my collection.
Beautiful thought provoking and emotional poetry from a true master.
The quality of the book/binding makes it even more special .
on 29 January 2017
This version is wonderfully produced. I have reviewed the book elsewhere and continue to find it one of the most treasured texts of all my reading.
on 29 July 2012
A quick read if you want to rush through it, The Prophet is really one of those gems to keep on your bedside table and dip into every day as a catalyst for reflection on life beyond the daily grind. Not just food but a veritable banquet for thought, presented in simple yet poetic language. Sometimes a little simplistic and overly mystical, The Prophet is nonetheless a comforting antidote to a variety of poisonous misconceptions about love, work, giving, pleasure etc.
on 6 June 2015
This is like a second bible. Amazing book! Many concepts, quotes, philosophies, are things you might have heard of but simply don't know who said them. It could be Khalil Gebran! Apart from the book's condition being very good and as described by the book seller, I am not surprised the book is one of the international best sellers. The author has made me proud to be a Lebanese.
on 23 July 2013
You can't have too many copies of The Prophet as it's such a lovely book to pass on. This is a really sturdy, well laid out version with lovely illustrations.