on 12 December 2015
I've just sat all day and read this amazing book!

I've always had an interest in the Titanic.

So heartbreaking reading these couples stories.

My favourites were Daniel & Mary Marvin and John & Lizzie Chapman.

5**** brilliant, intriguing book.
review image
on 10 May 2017
This book is one of the most fascinating I have read recently. The author has researched well and her stories are heart- rending .Lovely illustrations.
on 30 September 2017
I bought this book for my dad. He is very pleased
on 1 June 2017
A really interesting book if like me you like finding out what happened on that fatal voyage.
on 12 November 2011
A well researched, gorgeously illustrated book.

And not just one for the girlies. The level of detail is impressive, with incidental information like what the final transmissions from the ship were during their final hours as they desperately sought help, to how much passengers paid to be on this sumptuous ship built on a scale hard to imagine - one officer later said it would have taken weeks to become familiar with the layout and all the forms of escape. And even how many dogs there were!

But what makes this stand out is how moving these tales are. This is human tragedy and folly writ bold. I defy anyone to keep a dry eye reading it.

A great read, and an excellent Christmas present!
on 18 January 2012
I read this book over a few eveings and it's immensely interesting, even for anyone who is not especially interested in the Titanic disaster. The love stories are interwoven with factual details of the voyage and how the ship sank. Not all the honeymoon couples were first class passengers - some were second and third class. Not all couples survived, and this book gives a very informative chart at the end concerning numbers who survived and numbers who died and what class they were travelling in.

The pictures add a very interesting dimension to the book, but my only criticism is that the captions for them are far too small. There is space for the type to be larger so I felt that was a bit of an editorial oversight.
on 18 July 2012
Once I sat down to read this book I found it very difficult to put it down, the stories were romantic and touching, with some drama and suspense thrown in, since some of the lesser known couples you don't know if they survived or not. I loved the little facts sprinkled throughout the book about the history of the ship, it's crew and passengers and other interesting anecdotes. This is the perfect book to curl up with on a rainy day and get lost in, I know I did.
on 17 November 2014
Readable but lightweight account of honeymoon couples on the Titanic. Some of these are used as he basis for characters in the same author's book "Women and Children First"
on 9 February 2012
Really enjoyed reading this book. I bought it for the romantic aspect of honeymoon couples on the Titanic, but equally enjoyed it for the facts of historic interest. I was pleased that it included stories of couples from all social strata, and there are lots of great photos too. An easy but enjoyable read.
on 18 July 2012
This isn't usually my kind of book and I never read anything to do with the Titanic as I'm a wimpy person who finds it too sad. However this was a one off and I'm so glad I bought it, once I started I couldn't put it down. It was heart-breaking yet absolutely fantastic and offered a great personal view to the sinking, and even featured information I hadn't heard of before.