Customer reviews

Wacky Baby Knits: 20 Knitted Designs for the Fashion-Conscious Toddler
Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 August 2013
Lovely selection of patterns, nice and quirky - something to knit that is a little bit different. Currently knitting the frog suit and it is so easy (so far) and quick to knit. **Update - I've now knitted a frog suit each for both my granddaughters and just have one gripe in that the hood is really way too big, certainly in the smaller sizes. Tried to adapt 2nd time of knitting but it didn't make that much difference. The suit knitted up really lovely and had loads of compliments both times although it does look a bit more dragon or crocodile like but I don't mind that at all
on 5 December 2009
This is a nice book, cute patterns - all practical (albeit wacky) for your baby to wear.

The only gripe I have is that it states on the cover that there are 20 designs for the fashion-concious toddler.....

The patterns are all up to 12 months old only - technically a toddler is a child of 18 months plus - so I cannot knit any of these cute designs for my child of 18 months!!! This is infuriating - why put that they are for toddlers on the front cover if they are NOT?

I think the designer could have and should have scaled the patterns up to fit up to an 18 - 24 month at least given the ambiguity of the front cover.

Oh, and I don't think the designs are particularly fashionable - just cute and wacky. I would want to knit them if the patterns went up to a large enough size - so overall - nice patterns a bit limited by lack of sizes available to knit.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 September 2012
There's some cute designs here, although some are more mundane and hardly qualify as 'wacky'.
The hats include a Davy Crocket one -my favorite- also a mohawk one and others based around a pumpkin or a cupcake.

I loved the footwear- a green monster slipper with red claws or a bear shoe with pawprints on the sole.
Then there's little outfits: an all-in-one cow or frog suit are the most memorable!
on 6 July 2010
The pattern I tried (cupcake hat) was simple to do and I did in a couple of afternoons knitting which is great - I am always starting things and not getting them finished.

The book is missing a tension square guide which would allow you to size the garments up for toddlers or small children as the cupcake pattern could be done with red and white spots on top and brown instead of the blue and white section to make a mushroom hat which pre-schoolers would like.

I'm now knitting it with bigger needles and thicker wool to see what happens.

It is a fun book and the parents who have recevied knitted hats have laughed which is what you want but without the tension square it is not as adaptable as it could be.
on 28 March 2010
A great little book with some really nice outfits, especially great when looking for a fancy dress out fit for a baby or just a wacky everyday out fit. The only thing i found was that the patterns were heavily weighted towards boys although if using as fancy dress would not matter .
on 6 February 2015
Bought this for pattern on the front so many more inside very pleased
Update on my review have now completed cupcake hat with oddments left over and the classic beret in my own colours again left over the 0-3 months patterns fit an 18 inch doll perfect so well worth the money for this book going to try the cow onesie next
review imagereview image
on 20 November 2013
Just have a look at it - such fun both to knit and put baby in. I got it because of the frog pattern that my daughter wants me to knit for my first grandchild but I'm imagining much more from this. Red Riding Hood is lovely, the cupcake hat, furry feet and so much more. And then you can adapt for your own ideas. Such fun.
on 5 April 2013
lovely ideas in the book, however have started to knit one of the cardigans and have worked out that the pattern is wrong! wil have to wing it and hope that I can carry on knitting and that all the pieces go to together. But still love all the funky ideas.
on 25 November 2014
Everything is knitted flat, but otherwise it's okay. The patterns only go up to 12 months too, so it's a bit disappointing. I'd recommend it more for pregnant women.

Some of the one piece outfits were cute.
on 23 June 2013
This book is great if your looking for something a little bit different. The patterns are fairly easy to follow but some are a bit trickier than others. Can't wait to see my friend new baby in some of these outfits!