on 3 August 2014
I was surprised when the book arrived to find that it was such a slim, stapled-pages volume, but it certainly came up with the goods, information-wise. I had a fantastic day's birding on Fuerteventura with a hire car, visiting many of the places that Dave detailed. Its lightness actually turned out to be an advantage, as a bulky, heavy book would have taken up more room/weight in the suitcase. I'll definitely be getting one of his other European guides next time I book a holiday.
on 5 December 2014
It is a small publication, but packed full of excellent and up-to-date information. The information proved to be very accurate and saved me a considerable amount of time and effort. The information provided made it well worth the outlay.
on 22 March 2014
We are going to Lanzarote for the first time next February and this guide is excellent in pointing out sites and where to find expected species. Very impressed and would highly recommend for others wanting to do the same.
on 4 March 2015
It is a flimsy paper book, but packed with info, and judging by the number of people we met looking for blue chaffinches at the picnic site on Tenerife I'd say it was very popular! Needless to say, Dave Gosney is spot on, we were thrilled to see not only the blue chaffinches but also Canaries, Canarian Woodpeckers, and the yellow legged gulls.
on 7 May 2015
Do not buy this book if you are looking for information on Gran Canaria. There isn't any.

Very disappointed.
on 10 December 2015
Very useful book for Tenerife. Detailed info - some a bit out of date .
on 4 January 2016
Just what I was looking for. I've bought Gosney guides before.
on 21 October 2015
Lovely little guide which arrived very promptly