on 27 June 2017
I bought this for a friend because she liked my copy. Very useful book. Arrived on time.
on 8 October 2017
There are some really nice patterns in this book which I will use to add to my knitted blanket which I am currently making
on 10 January 2011
THIS IS AN EXCELLENT AND RESOURCEFUL BOOK THERE ARE GREAT DIFFERENT STITCH TECNIQUES AND ACTUAL PATTERNS , IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GO THAT BIT FURTHER IN KNITTING BUT ARE UNSURE THEN THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU , EVERY KNITTER SEASONED OR ROOKIE SHOULD HAVE A COPY.
on 22 February 2015
Bought this book to help inspire me with some new ideas. There are some good ideas but I'm very nervous about starting a new project from this book as there are mistakes in the pattern which I have just finished. Unless you are an experienced knitter it could be tricky to work out the pattern as it should have been written. I am now apprehensive about starting another pattern and it was a mistake to buy '201 knitting motifs, blocks, projects and ideas'. As I am an experienced knitter I can probably work out where the mistakes are. I would not buy this book for a novice knitter. It should have been pattern checked before being published.
on 16 November 2010
This book is very attractively presented and has lots of good ideas, from easy to challenging. There are lots of 'square' patterns which could be used for blankets, for example, but could also be adapted for other projects.
The picture motifs mostly have a pattern chart and a picture of it once knitted which was quite helpful.
I am a fairly experienced knitter but there is a 'how to knit' section at the back for complete beginners.
The one thing I found frustrating was that different sections of the book (eg the alphabet patterns and the patterns for a child's building block) used squares of different sizes so it wasn't as easy to mix and match them as it might have been. However it wasn't too hard to adapt the patterns.
Overall I'm very pleased with it.
on 18 December 2011
This book was not a good buy unfortunately - despite looking pretty, the book is full of mistakes in the patterns. As a book aimed at novices this is not satisfactory. The author has a blog and is contactable, however did not respond to my email asking about a mistake. Had she got back to me with a 'fix' for the mistake I would not be leaving this review.

Avoid.
on 3 May 2013
There are lots of pretty designs in here with sections for blocks featuring intarsia, lace, cables and fair isle. I am quite disappointed in the projects though because the instructions for them are very poor and I doubt I'll make any of them. I would have liked more ideas for ways to actually use the squares.
on 22 July 2012
This is a lovely collection of inspirational fun and modern projects and would be ideal for using up those accumulated remnants of yarn. The designs and easy instructions are so clearly displayed that as I turned each page I felt compelled to get knitting . . . but which one first?
on 22 April 2013
Lovely book. I will use it a lot. It is ideal for using up small amounts of leftover yarn & will be useful to take on holiday with me.
on 21 October 2013
This is a lovely book with beautiful ideas and very well explained patterns. Makes you want to rush out and buy lots of wool and sit and do nothing else which is not a good idea! Well worth the money.