on 21 November 2010
i got this book from the library then liked it so much i wanted a copy to keep good old amazon had it. its really easy to use with lovely ideas and pictures
on 18 August 2012
This is a great book that easily explains a number of different pillows you can make. I originally borrowed this book from the local library as I wanted to make some nice pillows for my living room but didn't have much of an imagination for design. I think this book is good if you know how to sew a little and have a keen interest in making small soft furnishing projects. I've made 3 or 4 fantastic pillow designs that look brilliant. One that looks particularly great is the double flanged pillow - give it a try.
All in all this is fantastic book that can inspire you to make some wonderful designs that will make you're living room or other dwellings great for a little cost. I loathe paying £15 for a pillow if I can make it myself. Great for present too. After hogging this book for months from the library I decided to buy it. Well worth the money.
on 12 August 2013
I offered to make some cushions for a charity raffle but wanted to do something a bit different. This book has all sorts of ideas for different cushions and pillows including button closures, tassels, trims, patchwork, piping, loose covers, ties etc etc. I found it really inspiring with lots of good photographs and clear instructions on how to make and sew together. I really recommend this book to anyone who is looking for something different than just a standard cushion.
on 11 March 2012
Thought this book would be helpful but sadly if I'd seen it in real life (eg bookshop) I would never have purchased it. The cushions are quite 'old ladyish' in style and do not appeal to me (female aged 30-40).
More importantly, the instructions and diagrams are sadly lacking. Having made quilts I do not consider myself a beginner but this book assumed too much knowledge and did not give the step by step instructions I needed for some things. Shame as some of the cushions are lovely, but I don't think I'd be able to make them without the help of another book to teach me how.
on 12 April 2013
Good ideas for someone just beginning to sew but a little lacking in inspiration for someone who wants more of a challenge.
on 3 December 2012
I love this book. It serves me well and gives me great ideas that I can adapt for my projects.
on 13 September 2013
suitable for all skill levels, from the novice crafter to the moreexperienced. If you can sew a straight seam most of these easy projects are a good way to start.
on 9 June 2013
This is an easy book to follow. I love most of the projects in the book & can't wait to try them out.
on 30 March 2015
Really good book with great ideas and easy to follow instructions. Good price and quick delivery.
on 25 August 2016
Useful book for ideas and tips on making and trimming cushions/pillows