Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 June 2010
I am fairly new to Feng shui techniques but I found this book fascinating and extremely helpful, as it gave me more insight into why I was hoarding junk in different places in the home. I totally got it when it described about a cluttered hallway and how it can make you feel living in that space, so I decluttered that area straightaway. I loved the Declutter projects section and the fact that you could give yourself rewards after working through different areas of the home. A really useful book that I will be recommending to my cluttered friends.
on 22 May 2010
Picked this up in the library to see whether it could provide me with a quick refresher course on decluttering. Step-by-step guides? Tips for storage? Excellent! However, I soon found out this book would be better titled 'The Ultimate Guide To Clearing Your Clutter Via Feng Shui'. I'm not a believer in feng shui - indeed I find the idea that expired food in the pantry 'blocks negative energy' rather than being unhygenic is somewhat laughable - and so I found the bulk of this book irrelevant. If you (still) put store in this, there may well be some great tips for you. The Life Laundry, however, has some advice on reiki techniques but still has enough practical advice and tips for those who are sceptical of such things to be able to find the book very useful. This book contains nothing but very limited and common-sense advice (put things in baskets! Don't have too many books!) without addressing why those who have clutter aren't doing those things already. if you're unwilling to buy an orienteering compass and perform 'smudging' rituals on your cluttered spaces (but not whilst menstruating, pregnant or with an open cut) then this is not the book for you.
on 8 March 2013
The other Mary Lambert book I have is a 1987 £16.95 Hamlyn-style tome on Creative Cookery. This book is a lot less cluttered, and I am three rooms down in a ten-roomed house, so it's doing its job. It's a spur to action and an aid to focus, and I found I could act along its lines while holding the feng shui quasi-spiritual quasi-cultural bits in a state of suspended animation - not dismissed, but not entirely embraced either.
on 9 December 2014
Love this book, I pick it up from time to time & it keeps me on my toes. House feels so much better to live in as a result.