Customer reviews

on 30 March 2015
This book makes a complicated subject that bit easier to understand. Heraldry is a huge subject that has evolved over several hundred years and is still practiced today. The terminology and the development of this art form are complex but the authors break it down into small sections that are easily understood. I volunteer as a tour guide and this book has helped so much in making some sense of the crests and arms that I see. The only draw back for me is that I would have preferred more information from a Scottish perspective but it been a useful book none the less.
One person found this helpful
on 12 March 2016
Beautifully packaged and arrived in perfect condition. The spiral-bound book is more in-depth than I expected but the text and clear illustrations are superb. Could be considered a "textbook" but, what little I have read so far, is very informative and easy to follow.
One person found this helpful
on 10 January 2014
Nice book, attractively laid out. Good basic grounding in heraldry for beginner like me, but I need something a bit more detailed to solve my mystery 'charge'.
on 24 March 2015
bought for my wife to help with her heraldry class. She is highly delighted. Clear and concise information and good quality colour illustrations.
on 27 January 2015
Arrived on time and as advertised very pleased.
on 25 July 2013
This book is simply amazing! It is fabulously illustrated and tells you everything you could possibly want to know about heraldry in the most easy to read and understand way possible. Chapter one sets heraldry in context, telling the reader its origins and purpose. Chapter two covers the basic rules of heraldic design and chapter three covers the detail of a coat of arms - not just the shield but crest, supporters and everything else. Chapter four goes into the symbolism of heraldry and illustrates the most common objects, animals and plants used. Finally, chapter five puts it all together to show how several coats of arms have been put together. All told, this is a staggeringly comprehensive book which wastes no space and is a blast to read. I cannot recommend it enough!
2 people found this helpful
on 26 August 2014
Great book, great value, very speedy delivery.