Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 March 2014
I got into this story really well and thought the plot a good one and i really enjoyed it. Well worth the read and I got it for free for my kindle so was even more pleased. Good writing with a mixture of romance and the thriller about it. If you can read it. you will not be disappointed .
on 10 October 2013
Really good read. It has so much happening it is impossible to leave down. It is all related to a man who was at the scene of an accident and talks to a child before she dies. This man as time goes on tries to contact the parents to say he was there at their child's death and this is where the story begins.
Definitely worth a read.
on 16 March 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. The story was more complex than most romance novels. Although complicated the plot, because well written, was easy to follow. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a good romantic story that doesn't rely just on sex to keep the reader enthralled.
on 30 April 2014
what a brilliant story this is. I have not finished it yet but I feel the artist father is involved . there is so much excitement and tension my heart is beeting as I turn the page. I was not expecting this story to turn out like this.
on 19 September 2013
This was recommended to me by a friend - she knew I enjoyed thrillers - and I wasn't disappointed. I was caught by the many twists and turns and loved the way we were led on several false trails, one of which which led to a dramatic ending. Yes, there were one or two expected tropes, but this is a thriller and a well-written and fast-paced one.

The past of each character is nicely unfurled, sometimes tantalisingly, so we itch to know more. Inevitably, we don't find out everything about everybody - there aren't enough pages - but I would have like a little more about Luce's motivation apart from the fact he was a nasty piece of work, but that's a niggle.

Kaz, the heroine, her life inevitably coloured in grieving for her dead child, is resilient without seeming artificially feisty. The hero, Devlin, with a delightfully murky past, becomes affected by his attraction to the heroine, and after much inner conflict, faces up to a radical change in his life. I thought their developing relationship well handled and realistic.

The title is clever; not just referring to the missing Jamie, but to Devlin, so divorced from reality, he is convinced he'll never reconnect and to Kaz who struggles to find closure after the death of her child. An enjoyable read and one I'd recommend.
on 14 September 2014
solo not what I was expecting, i just couldn't put it down! although I am slightly disappointed in what happened to Bobby, he could have definitely had his own story! that part did not appeal to me. but i loved them rest! would definitely recommend
on 14 August 2013
This book was a really good read I was hooked the minute I picked it up , I never got the twist until near the end and I think that why I couldn't put it down , I had to keep reading to find out what happened I did she'd a few tears with this book especially at the end !! So 5 stars from me .
on 14 August 2012
I just had to leave a quick comment about this book. From the first chapter I knew it would hold my interest. The writing style is easy to digest but still manages to deliver a fast-paced story, constantly feeding you information that leaves you wanting more. I wish the inside cover of the book showed a list of 20 other books that Evonne Wareham has written! I am (not so) patiently waiting for her second novel.
on 19 April 2012
I found out about this book from the newspaper in recommended reads. I have never purchased a book from a review but if there are anything like this book I will be taking a lot more notice. This book had the pages turning quickly and did not want it to end. Hurry up with some more books please. Brilliant writer.
on 7 March 2012
I am always very excited to review a new book from Publishers Choc Lit. Their books are fast paced, gorgeous strong women and to die for Heroes, but this book is completely different to the others I have read. You still get the fantastic page turning story but gone are the polite ladies and romantic adventures. Evonne has written what I can only described as a suspense novel that you really don't know where it will lead you until the final chapters.

Yes, there is romance/connection between the Kaz (Heroine) and Devlin (Hero) and I'll be honest, I was concerned that the attraction arrived too early. I put myself in Kaz's place being a single Mum of a daughter, I imagined what I would be feeling if I'd just been told my whole had been turned upside down again. I wasn't sure I'd react the same way and even notice how attractive Devlin was so early one, however, Evonne has such a strong plot through out. The mystery and drama of what is happening and where the story leads you to is brilliant and somehow the connections became totally appropriate me.

Very well written with a slight American feel to the writing. This is not a light-hearted novel by any means, there is some strong language which seemed to fit the situations, violence and sometime graphic descriptions of incidents. Also very pleased that Cardiff is mentioned (living in Wales, always makes me smile) even if it is only brief!!

I love the fact Choc Lit has spread its net and caught a new and exciting Author like Evonne Wareham to add to their already superb collection! A wonderful story and an author that I think shows excellent potential. I certainly will be reading her second novel, Out of Sight, Out of Mind which will be published in 2013.