Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 May 2016
In a setting familiar to me seen through am American' eyes, a romance with some unusual twists. Fun and enjoyable.
on 24 April 2016
The story is about Honor, a young American woman who has decided to try and find her mother’s family in the South of England. It’s a story of discovery, and of the inevitable relationship that develops between two young people: prickly at first, fraught with misunderstandings, and then a growing friendship.

Sue Moorcroft creates three dimensional and believable people, and while some of her minor caricatures were rather stereotyped, I liked the two main protagonists, and also a teenage boy who is badly bullied at school.

The ending takes a direction I wasn’t expecting, revealing more about Honor’s past and also her marriage, and then eventually leads to the expected and satisfactory conclusion.

Overall I liked this book, and am glad I read it; but don’t feel that I can recommend it to friends due to the ‘adult’ nature of so much of the language and some detailed bedroom scenes later in the book which don't suit the author's style and rather spoiled the flow of the otherwise enjoyable book. Three and a half stars would be fairer.

Read on my Kindle while travelling.
on 9 January 2016
Good read
on 8 September 2015
good book
on 8 January 2015
After a slow start, I got into the story and really enjoyed it. Brighton was an unlikely, but refreshing setting for a romance. I warmed to the heroine, Honor, straight away as she seemed likeable and her character was well-developed from the start.Martyn, however, I didn't warm to at first. He was one-dimensional and seemed shallow, with no redeeming qualities. As I got further into the story, I began to understand him more. The other characters were believable, with the exception of Robina, who was a bit crazy. That is an important characterization though, as her actions and behaviour explain the circumstances behind a key issue to the plot, which I will not mention here dear reader, as it would be a plot spoiler!
I like Sue Moorcroft's books. Her writing style is easy and flows well. This is the third book of hers that I have read and enjoyed. Although her stories are formulaic and always involve a heroine who is running away from some crisis or drama, they are an enjoyable piece of escapism.
on 11 October 2014
Delivered on time and was what I expected.
on 7 August 2014
ok
on 6 June 2014
A good story with a few twists and turns to keep it interesting.
Thought the end went a bit flat but overall very enjoyable.
on 4 June 2014
Enjoyed this book because it was just what I needed. A light, easy to read romance with good and bad characters fighting it out. Would look for more Sue Moorcroft books.
on 18 May 2014
This is yet another by this author that I couldn't put down. It is a gripping lose yourself in kind of book. Thoroughly enjoyable