Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
By no means an exhaustive list of Britain's campsites, this book features Jonathan Knight's hand-picked favourite 150, offering a wealth of information on each. This first edition will have a short shelf life: prices increase, some campsites go out of business, and other specifics - such as pet policies - may change with the owners. Presumably, subsequent editions will be released to reflect these changes. For now, though, the book is bang up to date and bursting with information. Knight provides an overview of each site, adding his own insights and what gives the location a 'cool factor'. Vital information like cost, opening months, location, directions, public transport, food and drink facilities, activities, wi-fi status, electrical outlets, toilets/showers, pet policy and size of site are listed alongside an abundance of full-colour photographs.

My only criticism (and the reason I docked one star from my rating) is that many of the 150 sites - especially in England - are in fields. While I understand the allure of pitching a tent next to a beautiful loch or at the base of scenic mountains, I wouldn't pay to set up a tent in the middle of a field, with only grass (and some other tents) as a view. I could get the same effect for free by putting up a tent in my back garden. So my only issue is with the choice of locations, not with the information provided, which is comprehensive.
on 28 January 2014
Haven't been camping for over 25 years, so we're looking for a great site to get me back into it. This book has lots of information and images on a handful of great looking sites to make it easy to choose which suits us best. We've already booked one from the book.
on 18 June 2013
Being a seasoned camper I've been through my fair share of camping guides and "Coolcamping Britain" is now officially my favourite travel companion. One of the main differences between this guide and its competitors is the quality of stunning photographs. In fact EVERY site has at least one picture (most have 2 or 3) which gives you a real feel for the sites.

This book seems to be more interested in telling the reader about the various views, walks, and general atmosphere of a site rather than amount of toilets etc (although you do get this info too!) Again, this gives you a nice feel of each campsite and more of a personal touch.

Also the "Campsites at a glance" section makes it easy peasy for you to find your perfect campsite. Whether you're after a stunning view, a first time camper, or have to be close to a beach, follow this simple section and you'll find a list of all the campsites with the facilities/location you require. Simple!

Highly recommended.
on 8 July 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you like/love camping, you're going to love this - frankly - sexy guide to campsites around the UK.
149 campsites are reviewed, covering the length and breadth of Britain, accompanied by some of the most mouth wateringly gorgeous photographs I have ever seen in any guide book.
Whether you are a novice camper, a dyed in the wool camper - or just up for some "on trend" glamping, there is something for everyone in this delicious book.
And after swearing that I would NEVER go camping again - I've only gone and booked myself into one of the sites covered here - and I can't wait to go.
Use it as the guidebook it is; or buy it to lust after the fabulous locations illustrated, you won't lose out with this delightfully aspirational,but down-to-earth book.
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First of all, I'm no camper. To me, a holiday is a little break from my usual chores, not a decrease in comfort, equipment and central heating. However, there are enough camping fans to convince me that I may be wrong.

Coolcamping Britain is dangerously persuasive. Its stunningly tempting colour photographs not only enticed me to look up the prices of tents, but also serve to showcase the UK as the beautiful Island that we live on.

Fully illustrated in glorious technicolour, the book contains details of every kind of camp-site you can image: from teepees to glamping, simple fields, farms, and dappled woodlands. All the information is there from contact details, prices, the Cool Factor (the USP in one sentence) food and drink, location, directions, what's nearby and whether you can bring your dog.

Page 202 has a great At A Glance guide of what's what: Best views, best for first timers, best for car-less campers, dog friendly, and "Beach Within Reach" etc.

All in all, as a first edition, this is a lovely gem, written in an approachable, chatty style. I hope they bring out one every year with updated details. It's like a very tempting holiday brochure.
on 28 November 2013
I absolutely love this book. It's really useful and is easy to find the best sites to fit requirements - particularly like that it includes sites where you can have a fire. It'll be the perfect stocking filler for my boyfriend!
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If only we had the time. There are loads of really beautiful looking camspites described in this book which covers England Wales and Scotland. Each area of the country is, more or less, covered and you get a handy locator map to guide you in certain directions. Each campsite gets a page or two of text over the book's 315 pages. Half of the text is descriptive prose to give you a feel of the place, and the other half is the site's facts/details - address, cost, facilities, getting there etc.

There are some lovely enticing photos liberally presented throughout, and I've noticed quite a few post-it notes being placed by my optimistic wife.

A book that makes you want to go camping.
on 26 June 2015
regurgitation of other books in the series
on 1 February 2016
One of the books I brought for the use with our camper van. I like to be selective and some of the sites we will never use but hopefully we shall use some of them which is the purpose of the book
on 2 January 2016
Bought this as a gift for a seasoned camper, and it was very well received. Lots of different sites in there that you may not find elsewhere (such as the Camping Club's Big Sites Book).