on 26 February 2013
I've been looking for a book that has ideas for photography but without being too complicated. This has a good mixture of types of project, and I'm looking forward to attempting a few. I liked the '50 shots' and the 'A to Z' ideas among others. Whether you work through it, or select a few favourites - or even just use for inspiration, it seems like a nice book to refer to again and again.
on 22 March 2014
Not just a simple point and click book: it gives you reasoning behind techniques which allows the reader build skills.
on 7 July 2013
This book is a little gem. from all of the photography books I have bought, I can't believe I didn't discover this one earlier. Perhaps aimed at a hobbiest rather than a pro, this book will provide you with loads of ideas and creative ideas for home bokeh filters, pin hole camera etc. Bought this because I'm going to teach photography at GCSE and thought it might inspire the children.
on 7 January 2014
Just bought this book for my Neice who is studying photography at school. It looks interesting and just the kind of stuff init that she would like. I like the fact that it has little ideas on kits you can make etc. great buy I think.
on 13 November 2012
I love this book - looks gorgeous - crammed with information and inspirational projects and written in a fun lighthearted style. There is really something for everyone. Even for non techie people like me it makes the projects accessible and "do-able". And there is no need for lots of specialist equipment because low budget DIY alternatives are given.

Well done Sue Venables. I look forward to the follow up book. And thank you for solving my Christmas present dilemma this year - I know what anyone with a digital SLR will be getting!
on 8 October 2012
My copy of 'Photocrafty' arrived yesterday and already I'm delighted by the bright vibrant content and easy to read format. Its both informative and practical, with a modern/individual twist. Its the sort of book you could leave on your coffee table for both camera nuts and non camera nuts to enjoy in equal measure. I'd highly recommend Photocrafty as an xmas present for all ages and varying levels of interest. A big well done to the author Sue Venables!
on 14 November 2012
Like any good photography book, you don't even need to dip into the text to tell this one is bursting with inspiration, tips and creative detours; the book is choc-full of a kaleidoscope of image ideas from start to finish.

Once you do start reading, however, you'll find the pool from which you can plunder is far more capacious than first anticipated. The author clearly knows her stuff and she includes just enough technical detail to allow you to master the shots but without over-complicating matters. It's written in a friendly, encouraging style plus it's beautifully and accessibly designed.

Highly recommended for both the enthusiastic amateur as well as the jaded pro who, like myself, may have forgotten how to have fun with image creation.
on 7 November 2012
What an accomplishment, it's not too 'preachy' whilst still being 'teachy'.
Great visuals, guidance and not overwritten.

I have had various cameras and spent late nights and early morning shooting pictures trying to justify the money spent.
Finally i have found a book that shows me easily how to do the stuff i have been trying and failing at.

Fortunately my niece really liked it and i got her one for her birthday, unfortunately i have another 9 Nieces and Nephews.

Give me more.
on 19 May 2014
I would not recommend this book to anyone.
Thought it could have some smart ideas, original and surprising.
At the end, it is a very basic book, with lack of attention to detail.
on 6 December 2015
Very poor book, lacks any sort of originality. Very very simple projects. Useful for someone with a grudge against photography.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse