on 27 January 2013
Each campsite is described with comprehensive and useful information. This includes practical information: Grid ref, contact number (the sites are small so could easily be over booked), on site layout, facilities, and rules (dogs, fires, BBQs etc), local services and area. This is supported by a descriptive text as well.
It seems to me some sites are tucked away in discrete / peaceful / secluded and picturesque locations so could be difficult to find without these notes. The book contains sites spread across England, Scotland and Wales.
on 11 June 2012
I missed the first edition of this book but this updated version of Tiny Campsites by Dixe Wills is excellent and we will certainly be trying out some of the sites this summer. The key used to denote the type of site and its cost etc is very clear and useful. We already know of a couple of the sites and from that it appears that this book is well researched and accurate - all we need now is a break in the dreadful uk weather and we'll be off on our travels (Tiny Campsites in rucksack)
on 14 November 2013
We used this book and went to the one of the camp sites. The description and information in the book were spot on, the campsite wonderful and we had a great time. Will certainly explore the others in the book and have recommended the book to my friends.
on 12 May 2013
This book is great. It's nice and small so will fit in your backpack or cycle panniers, it lists lots of sites you won't find anywhere else and it gives lovely descriptions. However I would give one warning - a large proportion of these sites are Certificated Sites run by the Camping and Caravanning Club. I use this kind of site a lot as they are small, unspoilt sites, but you do have to be a member of the club to use them. This isn't mentioned in the book unfortunately. It's worth joining to get access to them though!
on 1 July 2014
Bought this as a present and it looked really helpful - even enticing to me as a non-camper! The person I bought it for was really pleased - not sure if he has used any of the recommendations yet but thought it was a brilliant and very handy book.
on 13 March 2013
This was purchased for my sister who loves camping, and thinks this book is great. Comes highly recommended by an already established camper.
on 18 June 2014
I liked this book as soon as it arrived. At present I have only camped out once, for three nights in the North Yorkshire moors on a TINY CAMPSITE that was just sublime .. Rural, peaceful and lovely. If that one experience is anything to go by the the price I had to pay was well worth it. I and a friend are planning a tour into Scotland in July, on our motorcycles, and we'll be using TINY CAMPSITES to enhance our camping pleasure by making sure where we stay will be well away from the luxury, 5 star, motorhome cities that we prefer not to frequent. A lovely and informative hand book which is worth every penny!
on 14 November 2014
great little book for those who like to be far from the madding crowd
on 1 February 2013
The campsites look fab. I gave this as a leaving gift to a friend starting out in camping and she loved it. It has guidance on all the sites including cost and how to get there. I think she's already planned her first trip.
on 24 August 2014
gives a good insight into what to expect from different camp sights and the difference between very large and tiny camping sights thanks