on 11 September 2014
The book which I received does not have all 900 theory test questions, as shown on the book cover Amazon have advertised at the top of the page... and my copy has 197 pages rather than the 207 advertised

Whilst this book may very well be useful to the first time motorcyclist it is far from readable in many places. There are numerous typos in each chapter.

For example p.103 under the heading 'Deciding' second line down, reads:- 'others will be have excellent views all around'. P.101 'Using your mirrors' line eight/nine reads:- ' and back this up this with a shoulder check'. There are many more!

When you're paying £12.00, as I did, for a book on passing a bike test it is crucial to be able to understand what is being said and to receive the book as advertised, which I didn't! These might be minor niggles but might be major issues for some. Come on Sean & Rupert sort your book out, sort the publishers out,and definitely sort the proof reader/s out.Give us what you advertise and what we paid for!!!!
on 10 June 2013
I have come to motorcycling late in life , and passed my CBT last autum however i was not impressed by the standard of teaching and wanted more information that was simple not given to me on how to have more control over my 125.
This is the best book i have found .
on 22 June 2012
Brilliant book. Bought after I'd done my mod 1. Learnt all I needed to do mod 2 and then went out and practiced it. Has all you need to know.
The 'what the test missed out' section was also very useful. Has really good pictures too.
Highly reccomend this book.
on 27 January 2013
Full of all the information you need, it tells it exactly how it is and what to expect on the day of your tests.. Aided with the knowledge I gained from reading the book and my rider training, I breezed the modules but more importantly, I enjoyed them both !
on 24 January 2012
I bought this book after reading a short review in MCN and then the other reviews on amazon. I am getting back into biking after a number of years out and I was interested in the section on returning to biking, plus other aspects of the book. Overall the book was a good read and reminded me about some of the basics plus added things that I don't ever remember being shown when learning to ride. The actual section on retuning to biking was a little short and I would have liked a bit more, but I suppose this is subjective depending on how long you have been away from riding and your experience before stopping. I am glad I bought and read this book and would recommend it to anyone new or coming back to biking. You can never have enough knowledge to try and keep you safe. Next stop some refresher lessons and then a bike..!
on 20 February 2013
I'm taking lessons at the moment and this is really helpful. I've bought a few books to help me out and this is definitely my favourite. Like the pictures and it is really easy to read.
Very informative and a must-read for any one trying for A1/A2/A motorcycle license. Full of info and references. I keep referring to this book often, so a great value for me.
on 5 July 2014
Absolutely on the button for a new biker and very good I would say for post-test riders. Can't recommend it highly enough. I'm not lending my copy to anyone cos I'd miss it!
on 29 February 2016
Excellent book we'll written. I am returning to bikes after decades away. This book answered loads of questions for me and will be good to have to re-read in the future.
on 3 January 2017
Brilliant, easy to read and understand. Perfect for those new to biking and contemplating getting their license. Covers every aspect you need to know about.