Customer reviews

on 6 January 2013
An excellent well constructed dive destination guide with superb illustrations and text giving the discerning diver plenty of ideas for that next dive destination
on 31 December 2012
We purchased this book for my Dad who normally dives in Egypt. Although I haven't read it myself I am told it is a very interesting book and he is now reading up on a new diving destination.
This particular book from established (and much respected) author Lawson Wood gives the diver a clear introduction to what they can expect to find underwater in those areas of the world it covers; Asia, Pacific, Caribbean, Indian Ocean, and Red Sea.

Reinforced with underwater photographs of the highest possible calibre, instead of providing the usual travel and accommodation information one might ordinarily expect from a diving guide to a specific country or region, the work carefully gives the reader an excellent idea of what to expect in those aforementioned ‘Tropical’ areas of the world.

Having been an active scuba diver for some 40 years, I am always looking for new ideas and destinations and this book provided me with several ideas just as soon as I looked at the contents page. I would suggest, therefore, the work will become an essential addition to the active diver’s bookshelf and will be amongst the first items consulted when considering where to go diving this year - and the next - and the next…

Altogether a most useful work which I shall continue to study and study.

NM