Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 November 2016
I ordered this book but it was an actual misunderstanding with my French mum who was in fact recommending me another similar book called " 8 MINDFUL steps to happiness" which I will order next since I ordered the wrong one.
This actual book is really about Buddhism and how to reach enlightenment and liberation from Samsara.
The last chapters are very conceptual and I did not get into it, it was about 'EMPTINESS" and then there are a series of poems/prayers etc only really beneficial if you specifically do prayer meditations which I wouldn't really intend to.

However I have learnt some very beneficial precious things that I will keep with me found in the first main part of the book, such as cherishing all other beings, compassion/wishing love and having humility / offering victory. This is without a doubt key elements to bring happiness and it makes perfect sense to me.

I would recommend to also order '8 MINDFUL STEPS TO HAPPINESS', which is a book about mindfulness to be happier and at peace. Having done a FREE online course on mindfulness (Monash University) I am keen to know more.
on 17 March 2017
Amazing book
on 30 April 2016
It seems that everyday life is just a series of itches and scratches (- or lack thereof). But what happens when the itch is scratched, the beast is fed? It reverts to its dull customary sloth. This is 'boredom'. So what do we do- seek more stimulation? Which just involves finding a new itch to scratch. When all itches are scratched, rather than finding satisfaction, we are left feeling empty, alone and dissatisfied. This book presents an easy to put into practice alternative to this cycle of dissatisfaction and boredom. But does it work? Well, I've never come across anything like it. It's got form - it's rooted in ancient Buddhist tradition - and it comes from the compassion teachings of an 11th century Bodhisattva. What can I say? It's changing my life. But what will it do for you? There's only one way you're going to find the answer to this...
on 31 May 2013
Excellent for those people looking for a real meaning in there life and ways of living a more relaxed peaceful life in these extremely difficult times. Find peace and harmony with yourself and learn to love those all around you.
on 31 December 2013
Deeply inspiring presentation of all the foundations of the Buddhist way of iife. I feel peaceful and happy every time I sit down to read this book and would recommend anyone with an interest in the spiritual life to read it.
on 22 August 2016
Buddhist or non buddhist this book takes you simply through the path to genuine peace and happiness. It is well written and easy to read . The teachings themselves reveal more to you every time you read them and the meditations get deeper too. It's is truly a awesome step by step guide to freeing yourself from all your problems. Love it!
on 5 May 2013
The book is extremely enlightening and useful. It was recommended to me by a friend who went down the Buddhist path a few years ago and now I can see why. A fascinating book, well written and informative.
on 6 May 2015
We often hear about the need compassion for others. For the first time, in this book, I have found the 'how'. It is not what I expected, but it what I wanted.
on 13 February 2016
Enjoying reading this perspective on life - good for my equilibrium.
on 28 February 2015
very in depth. I am am having to put it aside for a while and go back to basics