Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 28 June 2013
Recipes are quite detailed but I knew that before purchasing it; have only tried a couple of recipes so far but both turned out very well so I will definitely be using this as a recipe book to turn to for that extra special meal!
on 19 April 2013
A brilliant book - bought as a follow-up to the 2 previous volumes. Highly recommended and a great inspiration to those who are passionate about exquisite food.
on 15 April 2013
Chef David never dissapoints, I had the opportunity to dine at his restaurant when I was doing my apprenticeship in England and I was blown away then as an impressionable young chef, now I still find his cooking exciting.
on 20 March 2013
If the last recipe collection became the second best-selling cookbook in the world, and this has a new direction where will this be going?

There's a bit more finesse but with the same gutsy flavors, I have been informed that there are about 16 dishes on the menu from the book. Or they have been on the menu, are on the menu now or will be very soon.

This shows the love and dedication of a chef who has never become bored of cooking the same thing and never wants to sit and get stagnant. Some people reach a point and become complacent but Davis has always wanted to push further. Years before the labored word "foraged become common place this guy was there, also stood at his pass on every service now thats something very very Unique and special.... Do all these other Chefs who publish books and own a multitude of Establishments show the same passion?

His quest to push the boundaries but maintain his style - a love for offal, shellfish and seasonal local ingredients - could earn him a third coveted Michelin star, well worthy of the highest accolade..

"It would be lovely to have three stars and I'm sure if they think we deserve it they will give it to us. Our aim is to work hard and if it comes it comes." As Quoted by the Chef himself..

Introduced to cooking at the age of seven by his aunt - a forager - David trained at the Four Seasons Hotel in London before he was sent to gain inspiration alongside legendary chef Pierre Koffman, the forward was penned by the great man himself.

Since then he has built up a reputation and avoided dabbling in the supposedly trendy side of cooking, molecular gastronomy, as most other chefs mostly achieving very poor results, all gimmicks and no substance.

"It's about getting away from the chemicals and foams," he says. "Our butcher scouts around for the best ingredients and we ask vegetable suppliers if they are willing to grow for us."

Firmly established as one of the most exciting chefs in the country, David has turned down the chance to appear on Great British Menu on three occasions, seeking to avoid the limelight.

But with the restaurant celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, of which half this time retaining 2 Michelin stars, he will finally appear on our screens in the coming weeks....I hear the Hairy Bikers then Saturday Kitchen.

His recipes however, remain as exciting as ever. This new book contains creations such as salted chicory mousse, parsley panna cotta, anise hyssopy sorbet and his signature dish, Dexter beef.

After two hours of demonstrations and sampling, my time in the kitchen has come to an end as staff gear up for a busy lunch service. It's been a truly memorable experience. There's no great secret. Modest surroundings, a humble chef and outstanding creative food.

Clear your diary. Book yourself a table. I've seen how they cook. I know exactly how it tastes. And I know you'd be a fool to miss out.

I will let others write a full review on all the recipes, I will not as anybody who has the past publications will vouch for ...its just pure chefology...pure and simple...
on 20 November 2015
Fantasttc reference book for the modern chef
on 2 April 2013
My three most favourite cookbooks. Inspires and motivates you to try and emulate this culinary genius .Davids use of hedgerow ingredients adds to the books charm
on 16 May 2013
Another wonderful book to aspire to. Precise instructions that can be methodically followed by a cook of capabale standard. An excellent addition to Davids 2 other books. Beyond Essence shows Davids love for foraged ingredients - which may be the only stumbling block to recreate excat recipes. Highly recommended.
on 17 December 2014
great book!!great recipes...we want more!!
on 12 February 2015