Customer reviews

The British Larder: A Cookbook For All Seasons
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 17 August 2013
Great ideas and some interesting and unusual recipes - really enjoyed reading it. I like the style of writing, and its a great coffee table book. I haven't as yet cooked anything from it,which is unusual for me when I get a new book, so maybe more of a source book than a paractical "get in the kitchen and cook" book.
on 31 July 2013
This cookbook can only be described as Incredible. The authors put so much work into it and it shows. 4 stars because there are quite a few recipes Im not sure I can see myself making. But the whole book is completely inspiring and delicious!
on 12 March 2013
The book is a good read. It makes me long to visit The British Larder. Will I cook from it? Possibly but so far I have not tagged any recepies the way I normally do. I suspect I shall use it more as a good read than as a recepie book.
on 20 March 2013
I bought this item as a gift and it was very gratefully recieved. The book is beautifully presented with stunning photographs. I highly reccommend it to anyone who is a keen chef or a fan of The British Larder or both!
on 28 March 2017
Meh
on 1 March 2013
Madalene's first published cookbook is a real treat for any discerning home or professional cook.

The layout of the book is simple to follow, and by following the seasons it means that the produce is available to us to make these wonderful dishes. An ethos that extends to the restaurant if you are lucky enough to have visited and tried.

As for the photography, all of which was shot by Madalene herself, we'll you can't fault the amazing shots, and it's always good to have an idea of what you are cooking, well actually what it should look like!

A perfect buy for a beginner in the kitchen to the executive chef in a top restaurant.
on 21 December 2012
This is a book for all those who really want to get some great recipes and tips for the whole year long. If you are a chef or you have always wanted to aim to be the best of the best then this is a great book to get your underway using great British seasonal ingredients
on 14 February 2013
This a great book representing the best use of seasonal produce,very useful tips and is accompanied by wonderful photographs.Thoroughly recommended.
on 18 June 2015
Good book for all cooks.
on 6 August 2014