on 11 November 2016
highly recommended for anyone interested in starting the knowledge required to cook in the japanese style. takes you through the stages of japanese methods from absolute novice to being proficient. well written, explains simply, easy to follow, even for a complete novice such as me.
on 24 April 2012
Hashi has taught me that I really do love Japanese food. The recipes are easy to follow and fun to make and the results are awesome. You certainly won't die wondering if you try this book - my recommendations are the seared duck breasts and the beef tataki with creamy sesame sauce and garlic chips but the gyoza is fab too. You can't go wrong trying anything in here and it will probably make you want to visit Japan very soon. Give it a go 5 stars.
on 30 April 2012
This book is so beautifully shot, it could be a coffee table book. Mine however has been propped up in the kitchen for weeks as I cook so many meals from it. Once you have the basic store cupboard ingredients you can pick up meat/fish/tofu on your way home and be sure that there will be something to cook from the book. The presentation of the dishes is easy to achieve at home and guests will be impressed by the simplest of recipes.
on 21 August 2014
great intro to Japanese cooking. Not too many basic ingredients required, and very clearly and simply explained. I will enjoy cooking my way through it!
on 22 April 2013
Brilliant book, so easy to understand. Well impressed, can't wait to try out more recipes. My friends are thinking of buying one as well
on 24 February 2012
i saw one of the recipe in a newspaper and tried it. It turned out excellent. Decided to buy the book. Have tried other recipes from the book and have not been let down yet.
on 9 April 2016
Really liked this book. Bought for my son who is into all things Japanese. Had a few good meals from it.
on 7 January 2013
I am something of a cookbook junkie and have shelves full of them but there are actually relatively few that I use on a regular basis. Hashi is the exception. I use this book so often that I don't even keep it on a shelf anymore but on my kitchen worktop! I find the recipes easy to follow and everything I've made has turned out well. It's worth reading the introduction, particularly regarding ingredients. Once you've got your basic stock cupboard sorted (and a lot of the basics can be bought in larger supermarkets) few of the recipes require any specialist ingredients. Black miso cod is one of my favourite recipes. It's actually extremely easy, so well worth trying. It always impresses guests too, as restaurants charge so much for it people assume it must be really tricky to make!
on 31 December 2015
A good starter to japanese cooking well written and manageable recipes
on 13 August 2015
Fast delivered and good contents for beginners!!!!