on 10 July 2009
With Chapters entitled "How I signed Chris Waddle for Spurs" and "How I Pursueded Daniel Levy to buy Spurs" it gives you an idea of the ego maniac we are dealing with here. It is also full of historical inaccuracies, including one where the so called author stated Gary Mabbutt was the first person to score at both ends in the FA Cup Final. This man is supposed to be a Spurs fan and yet forgets our most famous cup final win in 1981 was because Tommy Hutchinson managed the feet a full 6 years before Gary Mabbutt. Maybe it was because it was not in reply that everyone remembers but in the first game.

If this book was on any other subject apart from Spurs I would take it to the Charity shop.

He has spent his entire life writing for down market publications and has produced a very down market book.

This is a lazy, poorly written and badly constructed book.
on 27 May 2017
As life time fan of Spurs I was pleased to receive this as a gift. However it is a very strange book. I enjoyed reminiscing on the 1960s when I was a regular at the Lane, family and moving away made me an armchair supporter. For a well known journalist this is very poorly written. It repeats comments even in the same chapter. It is also an ego trip for Harris. I cannot believe that he had the influence he claims. My impression of Alan Sugar is that he would not have been taken by Harris. It is a great shame as this could have been a very good story as the Lane is redeveloped. I have the feeling that Harris has used old material and lengthy quotes from others to make a quick buck with the minimum of effort..
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 January 2012
I bought this book believing it contained revealing interviews with past players managers and chairmen.
Unfortunately all I found was a self absorbed account of how Harry Harris believes nobody at Spurs could make a decision without consulting him first. The book is also badly constructed, repetitive in places and obviously written in a hurry. The insight with players and managers are minor and any reference to events on the field are almost ignored completely. The best and most revealing part of the book is the forward by Steve Perryman. I won't be buying another title by this author.
I wish I had read the reviews on the printed version of this book before purchasing the kindle version.
on 29 April 2009
A massively disappointing book, especially given the writer's unprecedented access to Spurs' players, managers, and directors over many decades. The book's structure is flawed, and is carelessly written, and far too much an ego trip for the writer. The author has a fine track record as a journalist, and I expected many crackling insights and a sense of historical perspective on a fine football club. This guy could write the definitive history of Spurs if he could detach himself properly from his subject. Maybe one day he will. But will I live long enough?
on 29 April 2009
This is typical Harry Harris stuff. He has advised and ran Tottenham Hotspur from behind the scene's for close on 40 years now.
Who is Harry trying to kid. This book is a figment of his imagination,except for the negative input he had in the Sugar/Venables affair, when he should have minded his own business.
Instead he felt the need to hang Venables out to dry, and only because he had the tools (Daily Mirror) to do so and didn't like the man.
Still cannot see 'to this day' what this saga had to do with Harry.
on 2 May 2009
This book is a truly illuminating insight into the club at management and player level over the years. A must for a true Spurs supporter
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse