Customer reviews

on 21 August 2009
This book is terrific, a real page turner, addictive, pacey and exciting with lots of unexpected twists and turns. Steve Turley clearly knows a lot about diving and I found it highly informative. If you are looking for some summer holiday reading or a present for friends I would highly recommend it.

Mark Williams
on 21 July 2015
I enjoyed this book far more than I thought I was going to in the beginning. It's characters are interesting albeit typical of this kind of novel (Handsome, single main protagonist & beautiful and intelligent female scientist who also happens to be single etc.)

The plot is good and nicely paced, not read many (if any) books set in Corsica before, the baddies are bad enough to dislike. I wish the sub's back story was longer as it seemed kind of rushed. A map of Corsica would also have been useful.

As an active diver I enjoyed the descriptions and explanations of the various diving scenes although for me there could've been more rebreather action, but I understand that might not appeal to a wider audience.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes fast paced action adventure along the lines of (but not in the same league as) Clive Cussler.

My only very minor criticism is Steve's overuse of the word 'recuperate', he uses it many times throughout the book and I'm not convinced it's always used correctly. So now I've pointed that out you will notice it too!

Have already ordered the follow up and can't wait to get reading.
on 1 February 2013
A thrilling page-turner written by a highly experienced diver. The accuracy of the technical diving enabled me to get involved in the adventure without ever being annoyed or distracted by the mistakes that other authors with less diving experience often make. Set in a great location with some interesting characters.
on 30 December 2008
being a diver, and often looking for diving thrillers, i found this book ideal! a great beach read and obviuosly written by a well informed diver! the extra truth behind the mystery adds even more intrigue!! and left me wondering and thinking about booking a trip to corsica! you will not be dissapointed!
on 28 January 2012
A gripping page turner that would appeal to divers and non-divers. Technically accurate as one would expect from someone with his background, the writing style is great and the book has left me looking forward to his future efforts!
on 12 May 2014
Technically excellent book, loved the descriptions of the sea life. The story was very enjoyable too. Will definitely read the sequel