Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 April 2014
I am using one of Melody Griffiths other books at the moment but will move on to this one. Beautiful projects. I always find her patterns very easy to follow. A joy to use.
on 1 July 2017
Excellent Book Service Second toTo None
on 13 February 2014
VERY CLEAR TO READ THE INSTRUCTION ARE SIMPLE TO FOLLOW WITH SOME GREAT IDEAS FOR BEGINNERS OR THE MOR EXPECNCED.
on 8 January 2014
I am a very experienced crocheter and knitter. I was thrilled with the look of this book and photos. I couldn't wait to get started but not long into a couple of the projects and after numerous attempts at the Aran one, had to give in and try another. The panel D pattern for the cream Aran blanket was just impossible to follow - for sake of clarity should give which st on current row to use as working into sts 2 rows below for most of the row is confusing when returning to top. The easier throws look good - my fave was the one with triangles. However, as the triangles are so tiny, it makes your hand ache (you can't hold the work as well) so after a few triangles I couldn't face the thought of making another 140 odd! The roses/daisies throw looks good but you need very good qual dk yarn. It claims you can use oddments but be warned normal dk yarn (that you might knit jumpers in e.g.) does not give the necessary definition and texture to the flowers.
For £10 this book was a massive, massive disappointment.
on 24 January 2010
not a very good book at all. disappointing. only about one thing i'd maybe make and no tips and info with anything. found the book really to be a small collection of identical copies of online available free patterns. wish hadnt have bought this book. nothing in here you cannot obtain for free on ravelry.
on 10 September 2011
Not my favorit book, it gives some ideas although a little bit 'samey', didn't feel the patterns where the easiest to follow,
on 17 May 2011
This book is excellent for many different types of throws, wraps and colour combinations. Very well explained with excellent photographs. Lots of different stitches to try. I am very happy to have this book in my stash of crochet books both for items to make and other references. It is a book for all abilities of crochet from beginner up. Almost every item is one I would like to make. Looks like I may be busy for a long time.
on 25 December 2009
I brought this for my partner as a crimbo present.
she loves it and was soon making a patern from one of there wonderful designs..
a good buy for those who are crochet knitters beginners or experiance..
good buy
on 27 January 2010
I haven't been crocheting long and found this book to be really easy to follow with some beautiful patterns. I am already making my second project from the book and really enjoying myself doing so.
on 18 February 2011
A fantastic book full of modern looking projects with easy to follow instructions. Lovely photographs show well made items made from good quality yarns in great colour choices. Very inspirational, i couldnt wait to get started, my only problem was deciding which throw to make first.