Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 7 August 2010
I bought this book because to me Marguerite Patten is one of those cooks that always seems to make things simple. The book contains many excellent recipes and I really only gave it 4 stars because there are not as many pictures as I like. However, this should not take away from the fact that it is an excellent book to add to one's collection. It is just one of those books that you would turn to for some basic good home cooking. I would define a lot of the recipes as comfort food. I bought the book recently but as autumn approaches I hope to make a lot more use of the recipes and ideas. It is always good to have a book of good recipes with normal ingredients at hand.
on 19 January 2011
This is a great book for people who enjoy the good old fashioned British recipes, from main meals to cakes and bread, how to cook meat and poultry, everything is explained very well. Weights are in metric as well as imperial measurements. I love this book, you can make lovely meals just like your Mum or Grandma made. I got this book to replace my old Marguerite Patten's Everyday Cook Book which I have had for about 30 years. If you like traditional British cooking you will love this book.
on 7 July 2009
Bought this cookery book for my mother-in-law as she has lots of foreign and exotic ones and she was thrilled to bits. I have also been having a good look at it and was really impressed, easy to follow proper recipes.