on 5 December 2015
a excellant book i would recommend it to everyone in particular the teenager, if only i had this instruction as a young man the abundance of the universe would have been my candy shop. but even as a older man my persona and abundance of health wealth and happiness is growing and growing, to the folk whom are accessing this reply please stop for a monent and think "maybe i will read this book" if you do so and follow the messages within it your life will change beyond your wildest dreams.
paul.
on 29 June 2015
This is a must read for people interested in the law-of-attraction and positive thinking. This is the original script and not one of the modernised or altered versions. I found it very interesting, some good ideas to practice. I felt it delved too much into how to write a C.V and apply for a job which is obviously a bit dated now, but may have been revolutionary in the 1930s! The further you get into this very long book, the more interesting-bordering-on-strange it becomes. As for the packaging, it's brilliant, I love the old-fashioned-bible style of this book, every time you see it you want to pick it up and read it. If you're going to buy Think and Grow Rich, I recommend spending extra to get this hard back version, it'll encourage you to read it.
on 17 July 2015
Superb, if I had one tip with this book once you read it read it again and this time really read it, absorb and live it! It might sound over dramatic but really do it, that's what I'm doing right now.
on 13 June 2015
There are very sound financial principles in this book and I found the anecdotal evidence presented about famous businessmen and politicians added an interesting snapshot of American history; however, I struggled initially with the language, and found the text very repetitive.
The book could easily have been a lot shorter and more concise while retaining the quality of the argument and soundness of the advice.
Overall, it contains sound advice about persistence and basic financial planning that is useful for anyone considering starting out in business. Be prepared for an element of repetition, though.
on 12 January 2016
I'd heard about this book from a number of friends and people I follow online. It's a real classic of self-help and motivational literature.

Hill goes into great detail on subjects such as visualisation, the law of attraction and sex transmutation - all of which is fascinating. Although I felt a bit swamped by the level of detail and some of his examples are dated, this was a great read and I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking to improve their personal circumstances.
on 18 November 2013
This classic makes indeed a good read and one can feel the passion with which the author has written it. It has great insights and it is often empowering. The only less positive aspect for me is that at times it has the tone of an article and it does talk a bit too much about the American background in which it was written. This does not detract from the main message and one can easily skip those passages. Somehow the fact that it was written all those years ago and still carries a powerful and valuable message makes it, perhaps, even more powerful. Overall, a great read.
on 16 June 2016
This book was a recommendation from Brian Tracy the "Millionaires Success Guru" as one of the three books that will change your life, he was not wrong. I brought two of the books he suggested but then decided to buy the Autobiography of the person who asked Napoleon Hill to write Think & Grow Rich, Andrew Carnegie. If you have ever wondered why Bill Gates and Warren Buffett "give back" read these two books and wonder no more. Enjoy!
on 15 January 2016
this is probably the best 'get rich' book out there. it;s amazing that this man wrote it in 1936 a long time before all the 'personal development gurus' got on the band wagon. it's a winner. and once you get over the language which is a little dated it's a great read. but it's not a novel and should be treated as a text book. read a chapter then put it into practice. i've been reading it over and over for years and will keep doing so
on 26 March 2015
I have mainly listened to this as an audiobook as I've stockpiled a large number of still unread books that are gathering dust on my shelves - I'm a working mum and finding the time to read a book all the way through is a bit of a challenge. I've had issues with money all my adult life and I'm determined to get past these blocks and improve my relationship with it, and I would honestly say this has to be the number one place to start. Most other resources will just wrap the steps laid out here in a slightly different package. These might very well be more easily digested as it's true the language in the book is rather old-fashioned, and there's a fair amount of reference to economic conditions in America at the time it was written, but as an audiobook I found this perfectly easy to get past. I actually really liked the narrator's voice, found it strangely soothing! And the fundamental action steps laid out here are still completely relevant today. There are also parallels to be drawn between the Depression of the 30s and the recessions in more recent history. The point here is, it's not external conditions that prevent you having money (lots of money), it's the internal ones. If you are interested in improving your financial situation, and willing to take responsibility for it, then read this. Several times! All the major wealth coaches out there (Bob Proctor et al) reference this as the bible of 'wealth consciousness'. I just had it playing in the background while sitting at my laptop, and have replayed it several times now. Can't recommend it highly enough.
on 4 July 2015
I love NH's philosophy so I have this book in audio version as well and will not bore you with how many times i've read/listened to it!
I cannot recommend his work highly enough but if you are someone who procrastinates in taking action or doesn't take lessons personally then don't waste your time.
If you do take action - it will change your life!

How I've wished I could have sat in his class but am grateful I have access to all his works!