on 23 May 2013
This is a nice looking book, it offers some nice pictures and shows some well made peices of furniture. It appears to be for the 'hobby' market rather than the serious upholsterer. The lay out of the book is nice but the diagrams of techniques are not that explicit and the novice may struggle.

Overall is is a good general introduction to upholstery for the 'have a go market'
on 28 July 2015
I am an upholstery tutor and find this book to be comprehensive in its advice for treating modern furniture which is often not covered fully by other upholstery books. I know my students will find it a useful reference source.
on 27 July 2014
Fantastic photographs which are very inspiring. The section on tools is very comprehensive. However I found the step by step guide not easy to understand. The illustrations look hand drawn and not as easy for a beginner to follow as photographs. On the whole a good introduction though.
on 26 March 2017
Mother in law liked it. Thanks.
on 13 March 2014
Really like this book, after completing an upholstery course I thought I'd buy a book to refresh my memory on the techniques I'd learnt, this book has some beautiful examples to inspire my future projects and just enough instructions to jog my memory, I think I would struggle to use the diagrams as a working guide if I was a complete beginner so if you are starting out I would suggest you take a night course with a professional.
Great layout, sections showing all the tools and sundries you will need, covers all the frame work which may be required on your project, suitable materials and coverings, trims and decorative finishes and has some great case studies from designers to inspire you.
Handy guide in the back listing suppliers of materials and equipment.
This book will not just sit on a shelf, I will get good use out of it.
on 30 June 2013
I m a furniture decorator so ,.. well, I already knew about upholstery, but, you know, every artist has it's own view an way of working projects.
That book i think explains enough the procedure if you really sit down and read. Especially for beginners.
For my work , it's useful to explain my clients some things, and this book visualize everything I want to say to them.
I would like a bit more fantasy in material combination, but I m not sure if that would be that commercial to the book itself... ;)
on 9 September 2013
Loved the way Hannah brought in case studies of fabric designers and other crafty upcyclers and bloggers from far afield. Found the creations very inspirational as well as technically impressive.
My only minor gripe was the illustrations which I didn't find terribly clear. Perhaps they could have benefited for the use of more colour differential ...?
on 10 December 2013
this book is well presented with good clear instructions but could almost do with being 2 books, one on upholstery diy and one on furniture designers. i wanted to see more photos of their work.
on 28 October 2013
I love the format – it’s a lot like taking a class. The tools are explained very clearly and pictured. I also appreciated the clear descriptions of techniques. And of the fabrics – it was fascinating AND she’s very good about telling you which fabrics are appropriate for what jobs. I was a little worried I might need to replace the webbing in my project chair and was a little freaked out that I wouldn’t be able to figure it out, but Hannah seriously knows what she’s talking about, and the illustrations are so clear I stopped worrying about what I might find underneath the seat cover. The book was extremely clear about what to do (and in what order). Even if you need to strip a piece down entirely and set it back up - springs, stuffing, everything - the book shows you how to do that.

If you have been wondering whether you’ve got what it takes to turn that dumpy chair into a masterpiece, I recommend giving Reupholstery and this book a go.

The pictures of the chair I reupholstered are on SewHappyGeek.co.uk, as is my full review.
on 29 April 2015
Really useful with all the pictures, descriptions of tools etc. Absolutely worth it!