Format: Hardcover|Change

on 24 March 2011
I love Kelly Hoppen's style so I just had to have this book !

This book if full of beautiful interiors, as expected. After an introduction on key elements (texture, shape, materials, colour and display) and how to plan your space (layout, lighting design, mood boards and finishes for walls, ceilings and floors), an easy to follow 'room by room' structure follows. It includes lots of straightforward advice with 'Checklists' and 'Kelly loves....' for each room. I love the fact that in this book, unlike in previous books, next to each photograph there is a mention of where different furniture, lighting, etc have been sourced from, which is useful to know, if you have the budget of course !

However, about a third of the way you start realising that the same interiors and the same photographs, but viewed from different angles, have been used throughout the book to highlight different points. I was fairly disappointed because of this as I was certainly expecting to see a lot more variety of interiors.
on 13 November 2011
This book is not only exquisite to look at, but is also a very good read. I hung on to every word and read it cover to cover. I have many interior design books but often end up browsing the glossy pictures but not really reading them properly.This held my interest for the entire book.I found her insight fascinating. She manages to break down her style into almost a set of rules which we mortals can emulate at home. I also have Kelly Hoppen "Home" but this book "Style" in my opinion is much better,So if you are trying to decide between the two , this one is the better choice. I will definately buy more of her titles.
on 13 September 2013
I did not find any inspiration.

There is a bunch of pictures ,and that's all, the author did not spend a great deal of effort to make it.

The language used is almost to simple.

The ideas expressed are also very simple and basic.

It is also very repetitive.

I would not recommend it.
on 21 November 2011
Bought this book for my wife who's an interior designer. She has 2 other books by the same author. Shouldn't have bothered. Its basically the other books repackaged with different photographs to illustrate the same tired ideas.
on 14 June 2011
Nice enough book but my comments can only echo previous reviewers that you tend to 'spot the repetitions'. The same rooms and decorations are used over and over again to illustrate fairly similar points. It feels like a lazy production as a result, which is a shame because it is a nice book and the style is easy to be inspired by and then to adapt.
on 6 March 2011
A great book full of interior ideas for that chic London look that is becoming Kelly Hoppen's statement look - it even includes photos from her own home.
on 16 August 2015
I am a great admirer of Kelly Hoppen. Although this book has received some negative reviews, I really enjoyed it and found it useful, despite Kelly's taupe/cream/beige style being very different to my love of colour, and the photos being of really high-end properties, I was still able to take advice and tips and appreciate her style. That's the thing with these types of books; it's not for readers to COPY an entire room, but to take the elements that you like, which is what I did in my bedroom!
on 30 March 2011
Exactly what I expected from Kelly - excellent.
Brilliant ideas and steps to get the Hoppen home look.
If you love contemporary style buy this book.
on 31 January 2014
Kelly Hoppen clearly has a very distinct style - this is shown throughout all her books, of which I'd say one is enough for one reader as they are fairly similar. This had some great photos and some principles, but most of the text was very repetitive and basic "it's important to make your home look like you, ask everyone in your home what they would like". A bit more on sourcing of the pieces would be additive to this book.
on 3 October 2011
Beautiful photos, good advices, really liked the style absolutely classy and chic.
Very useful also the list of shops and suppliers where to find furnutures and lamps.